FPVLAB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a new battery charger

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by 33db View Post
    Screw it... I went ahead and bought the powerlab6 with power supply and a dash of cables and balance boards.
    Thanks for everyone that gave some insight.
    What power supply did you get?
    "Keep it simple"

Quad newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by 33db View Post
    Just dropping by to say I got the PL6 today, got the software installed, and it appears to be a very well built machine.
    The software works but it's dinosaurish, I guess I'm too used to polished apps.
    The Internal Resistance is just as helpful as I thought it would, one of my problem lipos shows a single cell with twice the IR of the others explaining why it has been a pain to charge and balance properly.
    Software is free, all you need is the cable, to be honest its OK, can export graphs to excel etc, but I did not buy it for the software, I had a charger play up it was a Venom Pro Charger Plus, so I decided that I needed a more capable unit.

Pros of PL6:
    Balance charge is very effective, it backs off the charge rate for cells that are lagging behind the others until they all charge together at the same rate.
    SW upgrade-able.
    IR - you cans detect cells that are playing up.
    User menu and presets are easy to use and do not need the software as all readings can be accessed from the front panel.

Cons:
    Cost - if this lasts the cost will be acceptable, which I have no reason to think it will let me down.

Steve.
    W7STE

Quote Originally Posted by GreyHawk View Post
    What power supply did you get?
    Mean Well SE-600-24 Power Supply
    Locals Only Brah.

Quote Originally Posted by steveno View Post
    Software is free, all you need is the cable, to be honest its OK, can export graphs to excel etc, but I did not buy it for the software, I had a charger play up it was a Venom Pro Charger Plus, so I decided that I needed a more capable unit.

Pros of PL6:
    Balance charge is very effective, it backs off the charge rate for cells that are lagging behind the others until they all charge together at the same rate.
    SW upgrade-able.
    User menu and presets are easy to use and do not need the software as all readings can be accessed from the front panel.

Cons:
    Cost - if this lasts the cost will be acceptable, which I have no reason to think it will let me down.

Steve.
    The software and the way it's coded is just an old style of doing things, it works, it could be much, much better.
    The hardware seems quality, like you said if it last it's worth.
    Plus it seems to have "rejuvenated" some of my questionable lipos.
    Locals Only Brah.

Quote Originally Posted by steveno View Post

Pros of PL6:
    SW upgrade-able.

Cons:

Steve.
    The software and the way it's coded is just an old style of doing things, it works, it could be much, much better.
    The hardware seems quality, like you said if it last it's worth it.
    Plus it seems to have "rejuvenated" some of my questionable lipos.
    Locals Only Brah.

Navigator
    I'm necroposting this thread instead of starting a new one.

I need to buy a charger (maybe today) and was hoping there might be some new Intel on the bestest, newest, for multiple 3S and 4S LiPos for racer 250.

Why do most of these chargers needing external power supply?

Internal supplies usually very power limited but if all you are ever going to do is charge relatively smaller 3 and 4 cell batteries for 250 size quads then a good charger with internal power is probably ok. Something like this would work http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-eos06...9a618c3d1ccde9, but I would go for a 100 watt one like this
    D610AC AC/DC Two-Channel Dual 2 100Watt Ports (8Amps each, 200Watts Total): LiPo, LiIon, LiFe, NiCd, NiMh, Pb Balancing Professional Battery Multicharger Discharger Maintainer VistaPower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NKOL44E..._fJt-wb6JSG6ZC

icharger 308 Duo /close thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12