Thread: How can I setup for a 2nd person controlling gimball pitch/roll

How can I setup for a 2nd person controlling gimball pitch/roll

I have a disco pro and I want to have a buddy sitting next to me that is dedicated to the filming while I fly. He'd have the gopro view through his own goggles and control pitch/roll. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? For the best filming it seems this would done frequently... but I can't find setup examples to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I believe I have all the necessary equipment I'd need to do this: 2nd fpv cam, 2nd vtx, 2nd radio

I imagine my friend was have his own radio in his hand that only controls the pitch and roll. His controller could be slave to mine? (I own a few different radios: dx8, taranis, and fut fg8

The problem I'm seeing how he can always have the gopro cam while I always have the flight cam. How can I do this by adding the least amount of equipment?

This was originally posted in the TBS thread. I'm not sure why it was moved as I was trying to ask other TBS Pro users.? The TBS is pretty unique with the core managing camera switching.

I have toyed with the idea of something similar on my fixed wing - a passenger with their own video feed from the GoPro and his/her ability to control pan(/tilt) from a radio buddy boxed to mine.

For pan tilt control, should be no problem with my Taranis as the Master, and some other radio Slave, assigning the pan tilt channels appropriately, PPM as the source.

For video, I thought of using an additional VTX on an entirely different band - I fly UHF control, 2.4 video, passenger on 5.8. I guess the pilot and passenger could share he same band (separate VTXs) with Appropriate channel spread. Anyway, I think 2 VTXs is the key here.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Yeah I was thinking all the same