FPVLAB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !@#$%^ Dog owners

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar
    Southern Colorado is awesome
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Yeah that's where I decided on, Oklahoma has hard water and nobody will sell land, Texas Panhandle - nobody will sell land...
    Maybe not even in Colorado but I want to get near the rockies and away from people.

I may have to settle for an hour out of Colorado Springs, moving as soon as my daughter graduates, or maybe sooner...
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by aeryck View Post
    I feel ya, a few weeks ago I was at my usual spot, and as usual, there was nobody else there (it's a public park but in the winter it's empty because it's all soccer fields). So me, my brother, and a couple friends are there, we'd been flying for an hour or two, and we were taking a break letting our fingers warm up.

A car pulls up, parks right next to us, takes one look at all the ground station gear set up and the planes in the bed of the truck, then decides to move - to a spot 10 feet away. Two guys get out, drag a whole sack of soccer balls out, and walk 20 feet in front of where we were set up and proceed to pull one of the soccer goalposts out of the corner of the field where they were stored, and start setting it up right in front of us - Despite the fact we told the guy like 6 times "Dude, we're flying planes here, can you use another part of the field?" (This sports park is HUGE, they could have picked any field on the other side and we'd never have even seen them).
    Inconsiderate jerks. They're inevitable. They're everywhere.

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar
    I have pretty hard water here from my well, but it's worth it for the proximity to mountains. Eventually I will get an RO system, but the water is fine for everything but drinking, and even then its not too bad.
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

So I got the battery tray and Wing re-attached and pinned with gorilla glue - drying now....

I'm going to put a 1/2" square piece of wood between the skids and a piece of 1/4 round in front of that, probably will give some lift but that's fine - it'll also give me a massive brace as well as a point to push against for self-launching.

My buddy Dave in the video flies 2.4ghz and with the other retired guys so it's not fair to drag him along, at least not until I get the EZStar going - he didn't want to fly the Zeph.

But hte Zeph will fly again. I'm dumping the 90/100 amp HobbyKing ESC and going with the 70amp that Chris at Ritewing sent me...

But I think I will order an EZFlite motor for it, they seem so much smoother...1400kv of cou rse.

I have to repair the motor mount too, seems to be shaking in it's mount...

the only thing about the Zeph2 I do not like is the thin piece between the skids - bottom of the battery tray - seems to be the weak spot...

Otherwise a set of lenses and 50 cents worth of glue and I should be airborne by the weekend - on my own, up on my mountain to avoid interference...

Time to get out and have some fun....

(Rebuilding attitude)
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Let your perspective soar
    Drying in the wing beds i hope? Cant wait to see the video from the three lakes.

You need FPV planes for all types of situations.

I have a little skyfun on 2.4ghz i can drag to the park by my house, with only plane, fatsharks, transmitter. No wires to trip on, small plane can land in 10ft space.
    I have my other FPV planes setup for serious flying where I am going to be settled for a few hours. They go faster, are heavier and require more space to fly.
    Get me a Crocodile sandwich. And make it snappy.

Navigator
    "small plane can land in only 10ft of space".....well, technically you could say in 33" of space since you frequently do harrier landings.

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about your crash. I think we communicated backchannel about the scratched TBS69. Would you mind showing us how your bay looks? TBS is going to release a series of accessories for the ZII because we have identified the same weak spots. Maybe you can be our beta tester.

As for dogs, they just want to play. Keep the motor revved and land wherever you want. There is absolutely no need to dodge them, they'll dodge by themselves if needed. Worst case, in an approach, not even a ZII can hurt a dog.

Will do - Gotta head out to work 5 minutes ago but I will take pics when I get home, you want it wiht batteries etc in it or after the fact?

I've already repaired most of the damage with gorilla glue (see my signature)

I know, I Just am a super cautious flyer and I could not see if the man was running, I had plenty of wind and grass and time to put her down, it was my fault eventually despite the dog owner not paying attention...

KF7TRX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast