Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermit Micro FPV Brushless Quadcopter

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune5 View Post
    I figured it out: UART2 must be set to serial rx before any port related stuff on the Configuration Tab can be set.
    What do you mean UART2? I have same problem now. No movement and stuck with RX_SERIAL being reverted. I do not see UART2 mentioned anywhere under Configuration Tab.

Orion, you had it working, and now its not. Easy thing to compare your old settings to what you have now, you sent me your CLI dump, take at look at the one you sent, and what you have now.

Make sure your actually bound, the bind button on the rx is tiny.
    I have the same OrangeRX module as you, but haven't used it a whole lot, I mainly got it for binding to horizon hobby plane park fliers. In the radio have it set to ppm out, 22ms frame

I only used the built in RX for maybe 2 days, I'm not a Spektrum guy, someone using the built in RX, would probably be able to help more than me.
    This is what you had in the dump you sent me, if this was working, than all good, The first two lines I posted I think are right, but the 3rd line if its not working try serialrx_provider = 1
    feature RX_SERIAL
    set serial_port_1_scenario = 1
    set serial_port_2_scenario = 3
    set serialrx_provider = 0
    Also I'd suggest FS settings, you can enable them in cleanflight, and set throttle to zero, test it with props off (arm, throttle to mid stick, then shut your radio off).

1. feature -FAILSAFE
      1. set failsafe_delay = 10
      2. set failsafe_off_delay = 200
      3. set failsafe_throttle = 1200
      4. set failsafe_min_usec = 985
      5. set failsafe_max_usec = 2115

Set the failsafe_throttle to zero
    you can also enable and set this in the tabs, just test to make sure its working. Some people like to set it higher so it doesn't come crashing down, but I think its safer, and better at zero, no motors spinning against the dirt, or grass etc.

I flew my hermit today, went with the kids to a large park, was kinda windy, I brought a WLToys V222 (i think thats the model) haven't used it in a long time, but brought it for the kids, found it was way to windy for it.

The hermit did great, I tried some flips and rolls with it, still on stock PIDs mostly, i added some RC rate, it did rolls great, flips, a little slow. I did a couple rolls in a row, wind hit and lost elevation too quick and dropped it....I was really happy to have RSSI from the DR4II, using body blocking, spinning, led me right to it. I had all 3 kids looking in the general direction, and myself and couldn't see it. Im sure we would have found it eventually, but having the RSSI on the taranis got me right to it. Hermit is hard to see even in a mowed grass field.

Ran through 7 lipos, the wind would be not to bad, then getting hit by gusts growing stronger and stronger, with some really good gusts there toward the end (over 25mph), made for a bumpy ride for sure, but I had a blast. Fun to fly with the wind, going against it was really slow going. I couldn't do much skimming close to the ground and proximity, with the wind so strong, blows you off course. At the end it, we decided to call it quits, wind getting crazy, and some psycho little kids showed up, that my kids were annoyed with, so we went for ice cream.

My DVR was mostly dead, I got maybe part of my first flight only, I should have brought my 5V USB Battery pack, oh well.

All in all, a fun day!

just saw this sounds interesting will be checking out see if any videos up

Navigator
    Hi guys,
    I recently got this micro quad, and I have to thank the people here on this thread for posting up their experiences and tips. I don't think I would have got it flying so easily if I hadn't read this thread first.

One question though... this thread seems to have died in the last month or so. Is there a specific reason for that? Are people not into this little guy anymore?

Was wondering the same?

Navigator
    Does anyone know what you call the type of hook and loop the hermit comes with and where I can get some more? Its similiar to velcro but much weaker. There is a black strap and a white strip to hold each side of the battery. I think its perfect for the light batteries on the hermit. I cut the white strip into thirds to use with multiple batteries but I would like a few more.

will a Futaba 14 SG work with it?

Navigator
    I believe it's DSM2 only.

Navigator
    What is the consensus of the Hermit? Has the kit been getting any better since it has been released? After reading through the pages here I does not seem to hard to setup. I have used
    Baseflight and Cleanflight a few times now.

I understand it has a Digital Video recording ability but that causes a lag in the FPV, how bad has the lag been? If you turn of the recording does the video lag stop?

I was thinking of purchasing one of the Hermit's to move up from flying a few Nano QX quads.

Thanks for any information about this.