Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermit Micro FPV Brushless Quadcopter

Navigator
    Maydog, Patrick's, I think it's FC. Related, mine does the same thing, totally random as to which motors will not arm so it's unlikely to be speed control unless it's all of them !
    I have already returned mine because of a bad FC, then the new one had a bad vtx,
    I upgraded that but have been fighting this arming problem since day one ..... I'm done, the Hermit is clearly a POS as delivered !!!

Navigator
    Having an issue with my set-up. Flies great. However, I'm having intermittent video issues. Always get a video feed, though week, when plugged in via the USB cable. However, when I'm plugged into battery, some times I just get static. When I do get video, it seems to cut in and out. Sometimes its solid, sometimes, not. I've attached a pic of my setup. I'm using a Lumenier SM-600 Super Mini - 600TVL Wide Angle Camera, plugged into a AltitudeRC Nano 25mw 5.8GHz FPV Video Transmitter. The transmitter is plugged into the 5V and GND on the Mx Nano Oversky 32A. Picture here: http://i.imgur.com/5AAQuaa.jpg

Navigator
    I recently went through all the steps to bind my hermit. it seems to have worked, but when I engage the motors there is nothing i can do to disengage them. Clearly i didn't put props on it yet. Any advice, I wanna fly this thing.

Navigator
    I solved those issues with motor arming by just linking that function to a switch on my TX.

Navigator
    How do I recover the firmware that I lost on my Hermit on Cleanflight when it dose not respond to flash firmware?

Navigator
    Seems to be working just fine with my Taranis x9d in PPM mode with OrangeX module (no dips).

Was able to bind out of the box. It flies OK on default config.

I notice that a motor sometime will not start spinning with all of the other motors. Anyone notice a similar issue?

It seems to have quite a vibration going on with default config on clean flight. Anyone experiencing same?

I strongly suggest anyone to put some clear shrink or sticky tape on the bottom of the arms under motors where LEDs are.
    Few bumps on a hard surface and those LEDs are gone.
    Last edited by orion3; 3rd July 2015 at 08:20 PM.

Navigator
    Is there a way to improve Throttle response and make it more smooth?
    It seems to be pretty sluggish when it goes down vertically and you try to compensate for it with Throttle stick up. It's just delayed and makes it oscillate vertically.

I am using Cleanflight standard configuration that it came with and everything else expect the throttle i am happy with.

Orion, check your max throttle, if its 1850, thats too low.
    Sent you a PM reply.

The oscillations, could be PIDs, but I'd check the props, I never bothered balancing small props before, but on these its a must, they are really off balance, at least all the ones I have. Once balanced their pretty good, and tough.

Navigator
    Thanks, responded.

I did a restore to original config that I sawed when first plugged it into Cleanflight.

Now I can't make it see any movements on the channels. It used to show me when radio is on and USB is plugged in all the moves i do with the sticks under Radio. Not anymore. What could be an issue? Tried to change RX settings no luck and re-bind many times.

It binds and green light is solid, but it will not react on any stick movements.

Anyone run into an issue like this?
    Last edited by orion3; 4th July 2015 at 08:25 PM.

Navigator
    I have same issue too. Calibrated a few times. So it's not calibration just like Milo said.