Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 209 of 209

Thread: Hermit Micro FPV Brushless Quadcopter

  1. #201
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    32
    I got the non fpv version but i added my own fpv gear. So the weight might be close to yours if you are using a 450mah lipo. Ill try your settings tomorrow and see how it handles. Thanks.

  2. #202
    Navigator _Milo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by sd250 View Post
    not self leveling at all. Im on the stock setting in cleanflight that the Hemit came with.
    I have never used Cleanflight till now. Im used to openpilot. I use Attitude mode for flying in tight spots. I don't see anything similar in CF.
    Any suggestions?
    You are probably in Acro mode, switching to Angle or Horizon will provide self leveling. Angle limits tilt/roll, Horizon doesn't you can do flips and rolls, both will self level when sticks are released.

  3. #203
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by quarkburger View Post
    You'll need to adjust the PIDs. If you've got the Hermit with the built in camera, you may be able to use my settings:
    Roll PID: 1.5, 0.030, 23
    Pitch PID: 3.5, 0.030, 23
    Yaw PID: 8.0, 0.045, 0

    If you still need to adjust it I wasn't impressed with CleanFlight's auto PID configure, but I was impressed with CleanFlight's ability to allow you to adjust PIDs inflight. This video shows how:


    After adjusting the PIDs I was very pleased with the Hermit's performance.
    I went back into clean flight and tried the ESC calibration. When I did a test flight after that, all the instability and leveling issues seems to have been corrected. I guess I assumed that it would come calibrated. Anyway, that problem solved.
    I did notice some fast wobbling so I went Roll (P) 1.7 and Pitch (P) 3.7 which smoothed it out.

    Im really liking this thing now. Have only tested it indoors so haven't been able to really punch the throttle but it hovers right about mid stick which I like. Now it time to put on the goggles and take it outside.

  4. #204
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by _Milo_ View Post
    You are probably in Acro mode, switching to Angle or Horizon will provide self leveling. Angle limits tilt/roll, Horizon doesn't you can do flips and rolls, both will self level when sticks are released.
    It was in Angle mode when I checked it. Didn't change those settings and kept the stock defaults. I don't have the skills for flips and rolls just yet. Maybe one day when I get the nerve. haha.
    thanks

  5. #205
    Navigator 33db's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    873
    I had little problem binding, but this version of the Hermit came with an upside down camera (easy to fix) it also seems to flicker between B&W / color.
    Some of the screws are stripped that go into the main support rods, seems to be a common problem with frames the lower the price.
    This was purchased from hobbyking so I deserved to get screwed for doing that, they are the only ones besides Oversky that let you choose different builds.
    Flying is fine, what I think will happen is the hermit guts will be going on this frame.
    I'm kind of infatuated with Rakonheli at the moment, I bought 3 of the frames one to replace that NanoQX frame and one for a brushless quad using 8.5mm engines.
    The third frame will take the Hermits guts eventually.

    #Lesson learned: There's a small notch for the antenna in the rear of the craft which I used, however while flying the antenna came out of the notch and wanted to lean into the prop.
    No damage this time, but be warned you might want to tape it in the notch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2356_zpsia2vgpwa.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	69482
    Last edited by 33db; 14th January 2016 at 04:09 PM.
    Locals Only Brah.

  6. #206
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3
    Hello guys, I cannot do flip and roll with my Hermit. I set already both mode ANGLE and HORIZON however seems I'm always seted as ANGLE mode.

    Here are my config.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode1.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	70754
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	70755
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC rate.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	70753

    Thanks in advanced !

  7. #207
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by gaphonso View Post
    Hello guys, I cannot do flip and roll with my Hermit. I set already both mode ANGLE and HORIZON however seems I'm always seted as ANGLE mode.

    Here are my config.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode1.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	70754
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PID.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	70755
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC rate.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	70753

    Thanks in advanced !
    New unsuccessful test, yesterday I saw a post telling to check the Min (1000) and Max (2000) from each channel that means To active the horizon mode my radio must send value lower than 1000 and greater than 2000.
    So in CleanFlight, Receive sheet I check all my settings even using the trav. ajust in my Dx6i the min and max I can get are :

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Receive MIN.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	70825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Receive MAX.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	70826

    Than i used the Servo to set the new min and max because I cannot reach out the valeu lower than 1000 and greater than 2000:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Servo.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	70827

    But still not working


    Using Aux 1 and 2 to switch between Angel, Horizon and Manual.
    Even in Manual mode with no self leveling at all still block, max angle +- 45 the same as Angle and Horizon mode.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode - Angel.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	70828
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode - Horizon.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	70829
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode - Manual.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	70830

    Any suggestions ???????

  8. #208
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by gaphonso View Post
    New unsuccessful test, yesterday I saw a post telling to check the Min (1000) and Max (2000) from each channel that means To active the horizon mode my radio must send value lower than 1000 and greater than 2000.
    So in CleanFlight, Receive sheet I check all my settings even using the trav. ajust in my Dx6i the min and max I can get are :

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Receive MIN.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	70825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Receive MAX.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	70826

    Than i used the Servo to set the new min and max because I cannot reach out the valeu lower than 1000 and greater than 2000:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Servo.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	70827

    But still not working


    Using Aux 1 and 2 to switch between Angel, Horizon and Manual.
    Even in Manual mode with no self leveling at all still block, max angle +- 45 the same as Angle and Horizon mode.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode - Angel.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	70828
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode - Horizon.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	70829
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mode - Manual.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	70830

    Any suggestions ???????
    Hello, I found the solution here what I did if someone needs.

    1 Reset all Adjust Travel in 120% and no Subtrim.
    2 Cleanflight > Receive > take a note from all Min and Max for Roll, Pitch Yaw Throttle
    3 Cleanflight > CLI > Enter the command :
    rxrange reset
    save
    (The FC will reboot)
    4 Cleanflight > CLI > Enter the command :
    rxrange 0 1140 4857
    rxrange 1 1151 1867
    rxrange 2 1068 1929
    rxrange 3 1081 1842
    save


    note: rxrange <channel> <Min from step 2> <Max from step 2>




    After that I have in Receiver Channel Range 1000 and 2000, so Im be able to do flip and roll in Horizon and manual mode.

  9. #209
    Navigator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    15
    Ok... SO I have a new Hermit. Camera was upside down (no biggie) But the other issue is unlocking it. I did a bind to a DX5e. Now, this controller doesn't have a way to adjust the throttle to 120% to help with unlocking. Is there an adjustment in cleanflight I can do? With trims down I can get the receiver to flash green with throttle down YAW right. Which makes it look like it wants to unlock... Now, in a few weeks when my boards come in, I will be moving the spektrum module to my Taranis, but until then I wouldn't mind flying Any thoughts?

    Thanks!

    TheAddler

Similar Threads

  1. The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter
    By Trappy in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 8892
    Last Post: 28th July 2019, 10:53 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19th November 2014, 01:25 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd April 2014, 01:04 PM
  4. Ready to Fly Micro MQX Blade Quadcopter. Anyone interested?
    By Future-Hobbies in forum Future Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th May 2013, 01:47 AM
  5. FPV on a Hubsan X4 Micro Quadcopter
    By FPV-UK in forum FirstPersonView
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22nd January 2013, 08:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •