Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FatShark 900TVL camera questions

Forum Member

FatShark 900TVL camera questions

I am about to order some FatShark 900TVL cameras, but would like to know if there is any info on the latency of this cam? I want to use it in the Vortex and other quads to replace the 600TVL. Is it fast enough for racing?

I also want to use one on a FatShark PTR mount, so I prefer to have a low latency here as well. Anyone here that has info? Thanks.

Forum Member
    If you look in the product specifications , you will see the FS900tvl CCD listed as an option for the Vortex.
    http://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-produ...x-racing-quad/

The 900tvl is a great ,fully user customizable cam .
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member
    since the goggles can only receive up to 600 tvlines is it worth it to upgrade to the 900, what is the main reason one would upgrade it from the 600? thanks..

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernarddiaz View Post
    since the goggles can only receive up to 600 tvlines is it worth it to upgrade to the 900, what is the main reason one would upgrade it from the 600? thanks..
    I can't really explain why, but when viewing a focus chart (with the wireless link) there is noticeable more detail over the 600L and the image is just great when flying.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - [url]www.fatshark.com[/url]

Forum Member
    I love my FS600, i have 3 of them, so theres no real need to upgrade if i already have the 600 then.. thanks Fat Shark.....

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bernarddiaz View Post
    I love my FS600, i have 3 of them, so theres no real need to upgrade if i already have the 600 then.. thanks Fat Shark.....
    Makes sense. I still do most of my flying with the 600L as well.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - [url]www.fatshark.com[/url]

Forum Member
    Very true. I do notice it when flying with 600tvl and 900tvl. Switched out the xugongV2 from 600tvl to 900tvl. Also did with my mini. Really makes a difference for me.

Forum Member
    So you saying that 900tvl are better?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xmimx View Post
    So you saying that 900tvl are better?
    Yes
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member

Warning, FS 900tvl ccd camera pin-outs are different from other FS cameras!

I just got my nice new Fatshark 900tvl ccd Pal camera today. I cannot believe how much nicer it looks compared to my other FS cameras. Surprisingly, even with my 600 line FS Dom v2 goggles, everything looks sharper, with better colours/auto-contrast, than my FS 700tvl ccd.

My only complaint is that it is not 'exactly' plug-and-play. If you want to just change your current fs camera using your existing 3-pin FS camera cable you need to remove and swap the red and white pins. Otherwise you will be feeding in 5v into your video lead. Not a big job, but a pita imho.

The FS 900tvl ccd does come with a properly wired 3-pin cable but it is ~100mm shorter than the standard one supplied with all other FS cameras (~300mm vs 400mm). Of course this was just a little too short in my case, lol! You only need to use the included 4-pin one (same length btw) for osd/adjustments.

Maybe this has been mentioned elsewhere but I have not noticed it? In any case I think that FS should at least make mention/highlight the diff's compared to their other cameras on the 900tvl instruction manual. They do tell you the right colours but not the fact that the connector it diff (essentially upside down). I think that FS should at least supply the 3-pin (and maybe also the 4-pin osd) cables the same length (+100mm) as their standard ones.