Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RMRC Pico NTSC camera and dom HD's black and white picture - SOLVED CONTACT SUPPORT

RMRC Pico NTSC camera and dom HD's black and white picture - SOLVED CONTACT SUPPORT

Using a fr632 receiver or the internal receiver on the fatsharks I am getting a black and white picture from the RMRC pico ntsc camera. Same with a friends pico on his quad. His Hobbyking DIY box goggles get normal color from both our cameras, it seems to be a Fatshark problem. both quads have gret color on hos box, but both are black and white on my goggles, all my other pz0420 quads have great color, I don't get what the problem could be.

Instructor Pilot
    Make sure you turn on the googles after the camera/tx as it will default to PAL.

Gave that a shot, same result, black and white on 2 different picos with different vtx's. friends hobbyking box diy goggles get perfect video, my 120 degree camera got great video with this same vtx, seems to be a problem with the fatshark/pico combo.

Dominator HD and PIco NTSC not compatible

After testing 2 different quads and 3 different PICO NTSC cameras the officially unofficial conclusion is the Fatshark HD's and the PICO ntsc camera do not work properly together. The camera works but is always black and white. All of the quads/cameras work perfectly with a friends Quantums. Here is the camera we are using

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1275

All of my other quads work great with the HD's, even the 120 degree camera had color on this same quad, don't know if its a PAL/NTSC issue or what teh problem is, going to try and borrow my old V2's back and see if we get the same result.

Hopefully this will help future micro builds. Camera work amazing for its weight and size, unfortunately you get no color with your HD's.

Sounds like a pal/ntsc mixup... the powerup sequence needs to be the videoTX first then the goggles videoRX, this way the goggles will analyze the transmitted video signal on startup and select the correct mode. hope this helps

Tried that about 20 times, 2 different vtx's 3 different picos, doesn't matter which gets powered on first same black and white result. unfortunately everyone flying that day had quantums, I was the lonely Fatshark guy that day

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft

RMRC NTSC Pico video camera and DOM HDs B&W image....

Quote Originally Posted by lbz34 View Post
    Gave that a shot, same result, black and white on 2 different picos with different vtx's. friends hobbyking box diy goggles get perfect video, my 120 degree camera got great video with this same vtx, seems to be a problem with the fatshark/pico combo.
    I'm not a person in this Laboratory... I'm just an echo it seems. New firmware thanks to RMRC replacing DOM HD's for the 2nd time and I have 3D working correct but same here on this issue... no color with high picture grain in B&W through the DOM HD's using RMRC NTSC Pico camera with RMRC micro TX, 5v VR, powered off 150mAh 45C 1S battery sent to RMRC RX using both whip and Blue Beam skew-planar wheel antenna. Tried it both inside and outside on a sunny day. Hook it up to TV and I'm floored by the high quality of the RMRC video gear. This little Pico camera is mind bending in NTSC... I wonder what it looks like in PAL. And that's the issue I think. The DOM HD's are acting like an PAL TV being fed a NTSC video signal for some reason. I tried every possible power up sequence but no color through the DOM HD's... wish I had the PAL version of the camera to try as I think that would work although then I'd need a PAL to NTSC converter to use with the TV to check it if it didn't. Almost got the PAL version instead for better resolution but decided the higher frame rate of NTSC was more important... must be a solution and bet it will require a firmware upgrade so my guess is using the PAL version may be the solution.

If anyone has the PAL version of the RMRC Pico camera working with the DOM HD's please post it.
    Last edited by John Hendry; 8th May 2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo.. 2nd not 3rd time... 3 goggles sent

Navigator

RMRC NTSC Pico camera and DOM HD's B&W picture

After testing 2 different quads and 3 different PICO NTSC cameras the officially unofficial conclusion is the Fatshark HD's and the PICO ntsc camera do not work properly together. The camera works but is always black and white. All of the quads/cameras work perfectly with a friends Quantums. Here is the camera we are using

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1275

All of my other quads work great with the HD's, even the 120 degree camera had color on this same quad, don't know if its a PAL/NTSC issue or what teh problem is, going to try and borrow my old V2's back and see if we get the same result.

Hopefully this will help future micro builds. Camera work amazing for its weight and size, unfortunately you get no color with your HD's.
    We need to get these Pico/DOMHD posts in the same place not all spread out. I have the same issue... no color with high picture grain in B&W through the DOM HD's using RMRC NTSC Pico camera with RMRC micro TX, 5v VR, powered off 150mAh 45C 1S battery sent to RMRC RX using both whip and Blue Beam skew-planar wheel antenna. Tried it both inside and outside on a sunny day. Hook it up to TV and I'm floored by the high quality of the RMRC video gear. This little Pico camera is mind bending in NTSC for its weight/size... I wonder what it looks like in PAL.

And that's the issue I think. The DOM HD's are acting like an PAL TV being fed a NTSC video signal for some reason. I tried every possible power up sequence but no color through the DOM HD's... wish I had the PAL version of the camera to try as I think that would work although then I'd need a PAL to NTSC converter to use with the TV to check it if it didn't. Almost got the PAL version instead for better resolution but decided the higher frame rate of NTSC was more important... must be a solution and bet it will require a firmware upgrade so my guess is using the PAL version may be the solution.

If anyone has the PAL version of the RMRC Pico camera working with the DOM HD's please post it.

The quality of these cameras in the hobbyking quantum box goggle is crazy good, unfortunately I have to use a big board cam on my 160mm quad, looks ridiculous, I like the Hd's but seems they just have too many flaws.

Navigator
    The quality of these cameras in the hobbyking quantum box goggle is crazy good, unfortunately I have to use a big board cam on my 160mm quad, looks ridiculous, I like the Hd's but seems they just have too many flaws.
    This is a compatibility issue that time can easily resolve in the firmware. After trying smaller FOV goggles I'll accept it as the HD's work really well with my eyes and they are 3D. But this little camera really surprised me with its performance. Don't give up on Fat Shark... if it can be resolved then I'm sure it will be. Need to remember the HD's just came out and we should expect some issues like this to popup.