Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Zero Latency HD FPV Downlink available at GetFPV

Forum Member
    Hugo are you going to be getting one of these? And if so are you going to make some better antennas for it?

I just received mine today and so far it works great on the bench, but I will say that the provided tx antennas are a bit of a pain to mount. It would be nice if we had the option of a shorter simple antenna even if it meant less range. The supplied ant. are small (1x4cm) pcbs with a thin cable approximately 35cm long. They do come with some mounting brackets but my guess is they'll break if you look at them wrong.

Forum Member
    I have several questions about this system:

1. Is it possible to buy additional transmitters; if so, what is the price?
    2. I would like to know if its possible to use a tracker with this system, sending the telemetry data via the digital audio or video out, combined with a 5.8Ghz patch antenna. Increasing the range to several miles would be great.
    3. Is it possible to connect cameras that don't have a HDMI output?

Forum Member
    Do you have any video if this actually showing what the break ups/reduced resolution look like? I mean flying between trees low level where 5.8 would normally fall apart...

Forum Member
    +1
    I'm interested in this also. I read in other forum that they tested with a truck in the middle at 100m and 0 glitches. I'm waiting for more in deep test.
    Last edited by axierr; 6th May 2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: mispelled some words

Forum Member
    This system is pretty awesome! I had my first experience with it today. Yes it is zero latency! HD FPV is seriously addictive.

Flew out to about 900m and the signal started breaking up there. It's like a corrupt movie file or a bad satellite TV moment; it pixelates and provides a more and more degraded image. Sometimes when it's really bad it will hold the screen for a few frames before updating. We also were under a shelter behind a chainlink fence so I suspect the 1km claimed range is spot on. At about 450m out I saw a sign on the ground so I descended and hovered in front of it, and was able to read it plain as day!

I do have one issue though; I have this set up with a Pixhawk flight controller and the telemetry wire is plugged into the Pixhawk's Telem 2 port. My problem is that the OSD information is not correct, and sometimes blank. The top row of info is all 0s except the flight mode, which is correct and also the top right the voltage readout says 26v and never changes.

The bottom row updates some numbers, but the distance from home is off by 20-40 m from my Pixhawk ground station and also the voltage is reading about .5v too high. Also on the bottom row the speed, altitude, and other readouts are just 0.

Any help on this?

$1600 for a 1km system. Noooopppeee!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightram View Post
    you missed the part where it's HD
    [QUOTE=jimmaplesong;128705]When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightram View Post
    With little rubber duckies. I'm sure with some nice patch antennas the performance will skyrocket just like with every other thing that uses rf.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    With little rubber duckies. I'm sure with some nice patch antennas the performance will skyrocket just like with every other thing that uses rf.
    patch antenna will help with penetration for sure
    Last edited by chatch; 13th May 2015 at 07:41 PM.
    [QUOTE=jimmaplesong;128705]When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    As it is a two way system this will more than likely not be possible as you would need high gain antennas on your platform). I live in hope though.

Quote Originally Posted by chatch View Post
    you missed the part where it's HD
    Since true HD goggles don't exist, it is kinda not worth it.