Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zero Latency HD FPV Downlink available at GetFPV

Forum Member

New Zero Latency HD FPV Downlink available at GetFPV

We're announcing pre-order availability of a new full HD, zero latency downlink for HD FPV -- the Connex HD Video Downlink. We've been using this system for a while and flying FPV in full HD is a mind blowing experience.

http://www.getfpv.com/connex-hd-video-downlink.html

Pair this up with the new Headplay HD goggles and the experience has to be seen to be believed. (Both products are available for pre-order at this point)

Yes, $1,600 is not cheap, but comparable systems up to this point were upwards of $6,000 per system. We'll be posting some videos and more specs over the coming days.

Forum Member
    Wow, looks great... My ears pricked up when I first heard about this tech a little while back.

Something I think that hasn't really been emphasised is that I believe this tech is a true first in that it's a digital link that breaks up more or less like an analog one. ie it doesn't either work or not work, but rather suffers the more preferable gradual degradation that one would associate with analog feeds - is that correct?

I'm really interested to see some video. Just a shame the price came in that bit higher than the lightbridge. Personally I know that this is superior for many reasons, but it would have been nice if it could have been competitive on price as well as features.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing this and I'll have to start a swear Jar or something so I can afford to try one myself one day!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Wow, looks great... My ears pricked up when I first heard about this tech a little while back.

Something I think that hasn't really been emphasised is that I believe this tech is a true first in that it's a digital link that breaks up more or less like an analog one. ie it doesn't either work or not work, but rather suffers the more preferable gradual degradation that one would associate with analog feeds - is that correct?

I'm really interested to see some video. Just a shame the price came in that bit higher than the lightbridge. Personally I know that this is superior for many reasons, but it would have been nice if it could have been competitive on price as well as features.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing this and I'll have to start a swear Jar or something so I can afford to try one myself one day!
    Yes, the image starts to suffer when you get out of range, but does not simply disappear. The big difference to the lightbridge is of course the latency. Lightbridge is simply not fast enough for real FPV flying. Going from a "little bit of delay", so "no" delay is a big difference. The only latency you'll see in this system is the latency of the GoPro, which is not bad. We're working on some pictures and videos...

Forum Member
    Tim
    Did you try this on a smallish quad doing typical 250 class style racing and flying? Just curious how the link holds up when you break line of sight. Is it similar to an analog 5.8ghz setup? Are CP antennas of any benefit?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Collar View Post
    Tim
    Did you try this on a smallish quad doing typical 250 class style racing and flying? Just curious how the link holds up when you break line of sight. Is it similar to an analog 5.8ghz setup? Are CP antennas of any benefit?
    We will post pictures later today of it mounted on a QAV400. A 400 is a great size for this system. I am not sure if a 250 is the best size for it. But, you can certainly go smaller than a 400. The link gets worse as you loose line of sight. We are also going to be doing lots of testing with different antennas.

Forum Member
    Given that the TX alone is 130g and 103x63mm I guess it's not really best suited to a 250....

Tim - that's what I had heard before and what got me interested in this thing when Anthony told me about it. Sounds blooming marvellous to me.

Have you tested it with directional antennas? Would be interesting to see how it does, and it would be great to be able to add tracking to it in some way... I see it has a mavlink driven OSD - I assume there will probably be a way to rig up something to work between a pixhawk, this and a computer.

Really looking forward to video... I've already for 3 in the swear jar towards this thing

Forum Member
    Well, that is pretty awesome!
    [COLOR=red]FPV is not a crime![/COLOR]

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Forum Member
    I was refering to flying style more than the size of the quad (flying down low thru the trees and picnic shelters). I was thinking of this on a 330 quad would be a lot of fun if the link holds up to this type of flying.

Forum Member

Lumenier QAV400 with the new Connex HD downlink.

Quote Originally Posted by timnilson View Post

Lumenier QAV400 with the new Connex HD downlink.
    Get it down to 1/4 of that size and people will sell their first born child for it.

Need deets on distance.