ReadyMadeRC!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RMRC Mini Sky Hunter - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mhmx233 View Post
    How does this thing fly with no flight controller? It will be my first FPV plane but I have many multi rotors and can fly both well. I am going with the PNP kit and EzUHF 4ch lite, IB Crazy dipole, 800mw 1.3ghz VTX (400mw was out of stock), IB Crazy Airscrew, EZ OSD, and Fatshark pan and tilt camera setup with my Dominator HDs Trinity Headtracker. I was wondering about getting a flight controller for the RTH function as well as an aid to fly. I can't wait to get it all!!!
    It flies very well for its size. Doesn't seem to get tossed around or feel sluggish like other planes it's size. Wish I could call it a pattern plane...

Got the plane built yesterday, tonight I will add all the FPV gear. I was originally going to stick my Dragonlink RX inside the canopy and have my VTX out on the right wing but I think I will put the DL on the left wing and VTX on the right wing. Ramzibi OSD will go inside the canopy and GPS will go on top.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

The manual doesn't say how far the tail booms are supposed to go inside the wings. It would be good if we had a measurement to go off of. I got the PNP kit and one of my wings boom holders came out of the wing. I guess it wasn't glued in, also the motor screws had no lock tight on them. Also one of the wings would let the tail boom go in all the way to the end of it, the other one would not no matter how much I tried. The only thing to do would be sand the boom or the inside of the holder.
    Last edited by mhmx233; 8th April 2015 at 10:52 PM.

I noticed one of my booms went slightly further in then the other as well. I just pulled the one that went furthest in out a bit and then measured the lengths of the booms. Once they were both the same I secured them in place.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Ya that's what I'm gonna do. It just seems like there would be a recommended length for the booms. The distance could really affect the panes CG and flight.

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    Red paint is Kryln Fusion. Will not stik for long I don't advise it... but it looks cool.

rudders in play. Should be flying by next week.

If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Dude!!! That looks awesome!!! What is a good type of paint to use on this? I've never painted anything but plastic car bodies.

Thanks... but in truth to paint molded EPO (it is EPO, right? It does not say in the description) you either have to sand it down or use an adhesive. I have successfully used 3M 99 spray adhesive, let that set, then paint with spraypaint, then lam. But what looks good in my pic won't last, the krylon will flake from the EPO. But I don't plan to have it long enough for that... I plan to fly it hard, crash it, and replace with a new one... otherwise it is not FPV.
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Did you guys glue your wings together? It only tells you to slide the wing halves onto the spar but does not mention glueing them together? About to glue them but welcome others experiences. Think it would make the wing stronger if glued.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Quote Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
    Did you guys glue your wings together? It only tells you to slide the wing halves onto the spar but does not mention glueing them together? About to glue them but welcome others experiences. Think it would make the wing stronger if glued.
    Wings glued together. Definitely stronger but sacrifices transportability...
    NEFPV^