ReadyMadeRC!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: RMRC Mini Sky Hunter - Official Thread

The first picture is the one without the retainers in my new"kit" plane and the second and third pictures are of the crashed planed motor mount with the retainers.

I have a 5 week old baby girl so finding flying time is hard. Hopefully I can get some video this weekend.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Quote Originally Posted by mhmx233 View Post
    The first picture is the one without the retainers in my new"kit" plane and the second and third pictures are of the crashed planed motor mount with the retainers.
    this is probably my biggest complaint with the plane so far.
    Buddy and I are both building these. Vectors in the pnp plane. openLRSng. His is 1.3 video mine will be 2.4

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by mhmx233 View Post
    I was curious about this the other day and assumed you just screw the motor into the wood. But the retainers would be better so maybe a mix up at the factory Or meant to be that way.

Had a great first day of flying mini skyhunters. PNP stock setups. Mike is flying his with full eagle tree on 2.4 and DL. Mine was naked with pan tilt on 1.3. an DL next gen. Zippy compact 4000 25C battery. Condition's were about 20-30 mph winds and the planes flew excellent, very responsive like on rails. Weight was right around 1100 grams fully loaded. We both put extra ribbon sparing on the top and bottom of the wing running it as long as you can. Over all we each had 4 flights. The longest was right around 30 min cruising at about 5 amps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini skyhunter.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	61402

I have been flying fpv for about a year mostly on platforms not necessarily designed for it. The mini skyhunter will be my first purpose built fpv plane. The eagletree vector will be my first flight controller as well. Does the vector work and fit well in the mini skyhunter? Any tips or pics of yours installed would be cool.

The CXN Mini Skyhunter FPV Pod is now available at RMRC!

I have heard of some poor stall characteristics (aside from the possible failed servos causing spin in). What is the verdict on this plane? Most reviews I have found rave about it. But some people don't seem to agree. can any of you dudes out there with them share your opinions outside of the few bad servo guys? I assume there are plenty of successful flights being had on these otherwise the thread would be filled with more complaints. I guess I would like to know if this is the best fpv option in this size class. I really don't want to deal with the giant wingspan of more proven planes but would like to mess around with a flight controller to see if I like this kind of fpv. If not this plane is there a better option in this size?
    Last edited by fredd32; 2nd May 2015 at 05:09 PM.

Tail heavyish and too much elevator through... other things but people will get sore about it.... ;-)

Navigator
    Damn! Resisted as long as I could,,, guess we all know how that goes.

Looking forward to this build!

So, let's see,,,
    Motor mount back plate nuts,,
    Review wing reinforcement,,
    Keep auw around recommendation,,
    Tendency toward tail heavy,,

Observation, tail heavy related to boom extension length? What is the recommended boom length?

Anything else I should know about?