ReadyMadeRC!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: RMRC Mini Sky Hunter - Official Thread

Navigator
    For the rudder servos do you just glue them in from the bottom and sides of the servos? Since the slot is open on both sides I figured that's how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBender View Post
    I plan to fly it hard, crash it, and replace with a new one... otherwise it is not FPV.
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lvzx14 View Post
    For the rudder servos do you just glue them in from the bottom and sides of the servos? Since the slot is open on both sides I figured that's how it went.
    Yes that is what I did. I cut the rudder servo bays all the way through and glued the sides and bottom of the servos in place like you described.
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by TheBender View Post
    Wings glued together. Definitely stronger but sacrifices transportability...
    Yeah, definitely less portable but I have a huge truck. Also I hate having to spend time at the field assembling a rig. Guess I will glue them on tonight. Here is a photo of my wing, Dragonlink RX out on one wing with dipole antenna, 500mw VTX out on the other wing with Inverted Vee antenna.

Going to install the OSD and camera and probably finish it up tonight. Not going add rudders for now. Going to use that channel for a pan servo on my camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg 
Views:	803 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	60666  
    Last edited by airbagit13; 9th April 2015 at 11:26 AM.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Quote Originally Posted by airbagit13 View Post
    Did you guys glue your wings together? It only tells you to slide the wing halves onto the spar but does not mention glueing them together? About to glue them but welcome others experiences. Think it would make the wing stronger if glued.
    It is plenty strong without gluing.

Just figured out where I wanted everything. Camera and Pan servo will go on the nose, GPS will go behind it on the top of the plane and OSD will go on the shelf under the wing.

Have to spend some time with the kids but when they go to bed I will be soldering everything together.

Name:	osd.jpg 
Views:	1634 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	60713  
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Got everything finished up last night. Nice and clean build with lots of seperation between electronics. I decided to keep the GPS inside the canopy instead of cutting it into the foam in front of the wing. Should work just fine.

Not sure why it won't let me upload the photo of the final product but here she is in all her glory: http://imgur.com/bkdvuew

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg 
Views:	854 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	60807   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0969.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	60808  
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Looks great! Now I want one. Even though I have yet to fly my recently built "full size" Sky hunter.. I think I have a sickness

Any videos? Kinda quiet on this forum

Well if you follow Rc Groups forum you might have read of my crash. Me and at least 1 other person had a servo lockup mid flight causing a crash. Mine was totaled!! The booms were folded over the wing of the plane and the fuselage was in pieces. The servos were the ones that come in the PNP kit. I posted about this on Rc Groups and Ready Made RC saw. The immediately sent me a PM saying they would replace my plane with a kit version and 3 days later a new one is at my house. Now that's what I call customer service and stepping up!!! What an outstanding company!! Anyway I ordered an Eagle Tree Vector to go in it and am slowly starting my second build. I have 1 question though? On my PNP plane the motor mount had screw retainers already made into the motor mount to hold the motor. On my "kit" plane the motor mount just has 4 tiny holes and no retainers. How do you mount the motor? The fuselage is already glued together and the only way to get the motor mount out would be to cut it open. I guess I could drill out the motor holes while the mount is still in the plane, but putting nuts on the back would be hard because of the foam back there. I don't want to cut around the motor mount for fear of losing structural integrity. How did others mount their motor?

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	61368   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	358 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	61369   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	313 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	61370