Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tankito

you need to adjust your settings and then see how the layout on the setup page works, that is the easiest way.

if you tilt the forward it should tilt forward. also you have to reset the Z before you add the 10deg tilt.

Navigator
    Where exactly the green arrow is supposed to point so its considered your orientation?

I have it on 0 10 -90 and when quad is headed away from you when i pitch it backwards the picture shows it pitching forward.

Looks like i figure it out myself. has to be 0 10 90.
    Last edited by orion3; 16th July 2015 at 06:59 PM.

I can tell you that if you rotate your board 90 degrees the pitch and roll become reversed. I opened a bug on this in CF a couple of months ago.
    VDQ 280, Cobra 2208 2000kv, 6x45 props, 1800mah 4S 65c, Naze32, 25a BLHeli ESCs " s47.photobucket.com/user/Tr3TopFlyer/VooDooQuad%20280/story
    Strider 270, Tiger MN2206 2000Kv, 6x45 props, 2200mah 3S 65c, Naze32, 12a SimonK ESCs
    RD290 Hex, Turnigy Elite 2204 2300Kv, 5x45 props, 2200mah 3S 65c, Naze32, 12a SimonK ESCs : s47.photobucket.com/user/Tr3TopFlyer/RD290/story

Flying Cinema Dev Team
    You'll actually end up moving the 10deg setting to the roll setting on the board.
    Plug in and set the quad in front of you and then reset the Z axis note: that button only resets the graphic in the Configurator, it has nothing to do with the settings in the flight controller.
    Leave everything zero and change only Yaw to -90. If the overall orientation of the graphic doesn't follow what you're doing with the quad, change it to 90. Once it matches, set the quad down and level your accells. Now change your Roll to -10 and make sure the graphic now shows the nose leaning forward. If it is leaning up while the quad is still flat, change Roll to 10.

The reason you're adding the 10def offset to roll instead of pitch when the board is 90deg offset is because you are actually effecting the offset of the boards orientation to earth, not the frame's. Let me know how you get along with that.

Navigator
    Hey guys.

I added ANGLE mode to my CleanFlight configuration. I have the PIDs the were posted above. It flies well in HORIZON mode that does not have any leveling.

I wanted to have a leveled mode available as well, so it does level uav back from pitch and roll.

I tried it today and uav was super twitchy and vibrating. Is this because my PIDs are not designed for that mode or something else might be wrong?

Flying Cinema Dev Team Leviathan's Avatar
    Tuning for angle and horizon mode is in addition to the rate pids above. The above pids are only rate tuned. You will need tune a little for the other modes. Maybe someone has done that already and will speak up.

Flying Cinema Dev Team
    If you are using Pid Controller 1, you need to bring the LEVEL P value down to 50% of its default or more. I believe it defaults at 9 so bring it down to at least 4.5.

If the quad is then still not auto-leveling, you are not successfully entering the mode. There is no other secret sauce behind that mode. Let us know how you make out!
    Last edited by Josh; 22nd July 2015 at 12:54 AM.

Navigator
    Hey all,

I tried searching the threads and looking at the Tankito30 schematics etc, but I couldn't find information on the dimensions of the lipo bay. Can anyone enlighten me on this as I'm looking to purchase some bigger lipos for longer low-speed cruising than the 2200 mAh 4S lipos I already have. I get that the height would be 35mm, but what about the length and width? This is assuming I place my FC all the way to the front.

Thanks.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Safwan View Post
    Hey all,

I tried searching the threads and looking at the Tankito30 schematics etc, but I couldn't find information on the dimensions of the lipo bay. Can anyone enlighten me on this as I'm looking to purchase some bigger lipos for longer low-speed cruising than the 2200 mAh 4S lipos I already have. I get that the height would be 35mm, but what about the length and width? This is assuming I place my FC all the way to the front.

Thanks.
    This is measured with the standoffs squared in the lipo bay so give a mm or two if yours are not. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438557613.788704.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	65005

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438557625.086803.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	65006

Had a little fun despite the crazy wind on my visit to CO. MK2 was used for the gimbal shots.

Navigator
    Could anyone explain how specifically to fix this issue? Ever since I rotated the board, so that USB port is to the left. Quad always takes off and wants to pitch and fly forward? I was told to try to reset Z then save then set pitch to 10 then save. I did not seem to work.

What specifically would I need to do in Cleanflight to correct this behavior? Thanks
    Last edited by orion3; 5th August 2015 at 11:52 PM.