Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Splash Drone with waterproof camera gimbal, emergency flare and payload release

The Splash Drone with waterproof camera gimbal, emergency flare and payload release

Splash Drone is a waterproof quad with integrated video transmitter, payload release mechanism, emergency flare system and waterproof camera stabilization gimbal. There are so many other features, but I think checking it out on kickstarter will do it more justice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kickstarter logo pick.png 
Views:	1694 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	60107

Name:	splash features.jpg 
Views:	2449 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	60105

Name:	over water.jpg 
Views:	3714 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	60106
    Last edited by UrbanDrones; 25th March 2015 at 11:02 PM.

Navigator
    Hey, seems to be a nice copy and mix of the good old DeX Micro Quad and a Phantom

other than the emergency flare stuck on top and the servo release mechanism, this frame is IDENTICAL to one thats been in out for years and costs $100.

http://www.aquacopters.com/

and also this one which I have in my closet.
    http://www.liftoffuav.com/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1753245

blows my mind crap like this makes it onto kickstarter...

heres a vid from 2013...
    Last edited by daign; 29th March 2015 at 04:09 PM.

Very lame to take someone else's work and put it up on kickstarter and pass it off as your own.

A forum sponsor too?

Navigator
    How is the Baro sealed from water but not air?

Quote Originally Posted by daign View Post
    other than the emergency flare stuck on top and the servo release mechanism, this frame is IDENTICAL to one thats been in out for years and costs $100.

http://www.aquacopters.com/

and also this one which I have in my closet.
    http://www.liftoffuav.com/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1753245

blows my mind crap like this makes it onto kickstarter...

heres a vid from 2013...
    I back you up on this too.

Its a Mariner Quadcopter frame

See my videos of this Frame here.

and playlist of videos of mariner aka Splashdrone here LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-X65mZenCY3oEk

Sold on FPVStyle.com and many sites like Banggood.com and Hobbyking.com

Using one Frame already in market and then putting in an APM in it, with a waterproof DIY gimbal? Come on, whats wrong with Kickstarters to support this even?

Kickstarters should do their research first and then support a project. Not just take a frame from here and take a FC From there and give it a new name, then it becomes your invention.

Disappointed and hope this Kickstarter project does not go forward because we can get this thing ready way cheaper from other online retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainam View Post
    Very lame to take someone else's work and put it up on kickstarter and pass it off as your own.

A forum sponsor too?
    Makes me wanna doubt the sponsorship of the forum too. Paid to sponsor them? cuz come on, you should not sponsor such projects that is something already in market for years.

Navigator
    It also works in the sea?

Another kickstarter scam where people give away money by ignorance.
    Congratulations for bringing nothing new at a high price.

Quote Originally Posted by alishanmao View Post
    Makes me wanna doubt the sponsorship of the forum too. Paid to sponsor them? cuz come on, you should not sponsor such projects that is something already in market for years.
    What exactly are you saying here about paid? Before I respond I want to be very sure what you mean. We have TONS of sponsors on the site here and at the end of the day I and I alone keep LOTS of BS off this board (UUUStore ring a bell??). I'd say w/out looking at EVERY product a retailer could possibly have in their catalogue that no one vendor here has blatantly ripped off customers without me stepping in to make sure all the users get treated fairly. That's why BEVRC wasn't allowed - UUUSTORE - that's why FPVModel no longer exists - and those are just the ones that are public. I do a LOT of footwork to make sure that you can't come on here and toss products around just bc you have money for marketing. There's a LOT of things you never get to see here bc I am thinking of the operators not just sponsor $ - which as you might know doesn't affect what I can buy for dinner.

You fell out with FPVLab in 2011 and have largely not been around since then - over the fact that you wanted me to censor comments between you and SASSEN which I would not censor you - and I would not censor him. I asked you BOTH to be respectful of each other DESPITE him being vocal about you crashing a drone in a crowded city due to trying to fly multiple drones with one controller at a time when we operators were under lots of scrutiny. I invited you here via YT a long time ago bc I enjoyed watching your videos, and I still love to see you post. If you have an issue w/ UD - then reach out to them - there is nothing wrong with that - and the questions I've seen in this thread SEEM fair although I don't know the history of this frame and how it's outfitted at all.

As far as the annoucements I send out here - I have trust in our vendors that when they package an ad up for me it's an ad for THEM. FPVLab only sells stickers and tee-shirts and I'm even doing a horrible job at that. LOL.

My mantra hasn't changed - I want a place for ALL of us to co-exist no matter where we live - what we fly - and no matter what experience level you guys may have. If I am failing at that PLEASE go to site suggestions section and let me know where we can improve. But to jab at FPVLab based on this isn't kool - anyone who knows me knows I try hard for you guys. Great to see you posting again here!!

Sentry
    Last edited by SENTRY; 30th March 2015 at 01:17 PM.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter