FPVLAB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to replace the Easy Star, what plane should I get?

Forum Member

Time to replace the Easy Star, what plane should I get?

My first FPV was an EasyStar. Flew great, went a couple miles, had a lot of fun. Being able to fly in and out of small areas was nice, hands off stability was priceless. Unfortunately it was lost on the last flight, and hasn't been seen in 3 months. Been flying my Zephyr II and am enjoying the heck out of it, but find myself missing the EasyStar on some calm evenings. So the the million dollar question is what do I replace it with? Another EasyStar? A Skywalker, which it seems no one has in stock? Anybody have any suggestions?
    No rest till every single electron is properly accounted for....

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e- chaser View Post
    My first FPV was an EasyStar. Flew great, went a couple miles, had a lot of fun. Being able to fly in and out of small areas was nice, hands off stability was priceless. Unfortunately it was lost on the last flight, and hasn't been seen in 3 months. Been flying my Zephyr II and am enjoying the heck out of it, but find myself missing the EasyStar on some calm evenings. So the the million dollar question is what do I replace it with? Another EasyStar? A Skywalker, which it seems no one has in stock? Anybody have any suggestions?
    Go with a SkySurfer/Bixler perhaps.

Forum Member
    I like my EZStar, so easy to get in and out with - as you said.

Why not another? Apply what you learned with #1, and then go look for #1!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    SkyWalker seems to be in stock at BevRC and LowPriceR.
    Bixler at HK.
    May want to consider the new EZ*?
    KJ6BFN

Forum Member
    Skywalker seems to be a good plane too, same as EZStar but carries more payload and you can make the nose pink if you break it!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e- chaser View Post
    My first FPV was an EasyStar. Being able to fly in and out of small areas was nice, hands off stability was priceless. Unfortunately it was lost on the last flight, and hasn't been seen in 3 months. So the the million dollar question is what do I replace it with?
    What are the goals of this plane? That would be a different way to start the quest perhaps.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danub View Post
    What are the goals of this plane? That would be a different way to start the quest perhaps.
    Yeah, just what I was going to ask. Different models are good at different things. If you're just looking for a replacement of the easystar I would either get a bixler or an EZ* v2.

Also, when in the habit of loosing planes you might make better ground checks in the future?
    Last edited by boopidoo; 10th July 2012 at 03:20 AM.

Forum Member
    Def a twinstar 2, most stable, long enduring platform i've ever flown! They're selling them here in europe for 199 with 2 great brushless motors, esc's, 4 mpx servo's and a 3s 3000mah mpx lipo, including the airframe! Really no cash for that. Also lots of room to put you fpv stuff in.
    Team T&B

Forum Member
    Another EzStar? Despite my large collection of planes I still fly the Ez often, it is just a fun plane to fly when set up properly.
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

Forum Member
    Haha, maybe I should recommend my depron Ugglan that despite it's brittle material still survives and flies well. It won't win any beaty or performance competitions but you'll build it in an evening and the fuselage is so large you can space out all equipment very efficiently. I still fly it quite often and was my first FPV-model built in 2009, I think that's quite good for a depron model.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1019466

Note that the new drawings include canards that works well although I've never flown with this configuration. The ppl that fly with canards mostly fly with them fixed, not movable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast