www.immersionrc.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uno2400 re-broadcast ability?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swillhide View Post
    Ezuhf tx and a 5.8 don't really effect the unfiltered version as much as WiFi and other household electronics does. Not sure where that misinformation started.
    Hi swillhide,
    What I said is that in order to use a 2.4ghz Uno2400 unfiltered RX with a EZUHF transmitter, you need proper distance between that EZUHF and the unfiltered Uno2400 RX. In order to achieve proper distance, I suggested using a 5.8Ghz repeater to re-transmit that signal to your 5.8GHZ module in the Fatshark goggles.
    Or use a really long cable between your goggles and your unfiltered Uno2400 RX.

Forum Member
    quote from Buildyourowndrone:

"The ImmersionRC Uno 2400 2.4GHz Nexwave Receiver Un-Filtered is used for long range flights or closer flights where better penetration is required through light foliage when racing systems. The Un-filtered 2400 Uno needs to be installed with care, as there is a reduction in rejecting interference from EZHUF systems, the benifit of using the Un-filtered system is even more sensitivity for even better ranges on video reception.

Forum Member
    quote from the ImmersionRC website:

The recently released Uno2400 comes in two versions, a standard version, and something that we call the ‘Unfiltered edition’. Bound to cause some confusion, but we have a good explanation :-)

During the (2 year) development process for the Uno2400, we arrived at a happy place, a receiver module that was more sensitive than anything else on the market, with some cool GaAs*, pHEMT* technology in it’s very low noise front-end.
    In it’s standalone edition, installed in the Uno2400, it worked a treat, but when the same module was used in an LCD Headset (a.k.a. The Goggles), the close proximity of the receiver antenna, to the high power UHF transmitter antenna, caused a nasty reduction in range.
    To fix this, we squeezed a low-loss filter into the design before the amplifier, loosing a little gain, but eliminating all interference from UHF (and other) sources.
    We still ended up with a ‘best in class’ receiver, but it didn’t feel right not to make the ‘unfiltered’ version available to FPVers who know to keep their UHF antenna away from their 2.4GHz receiver antenna, and would appreciate a higher (3-4dB) sensitivity.
    Confused? Lets summarize:
    - Standard Uno2400 – Extremely sensitive, best in class receiver, which tolerates extremely close UHF interference
    - Unfiltered Uno2400 – Even more sensitive, still best in class, which needs some distance from the UHF Tx.

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Yes I get it, but I guess people are taking what I said literally. Basically who flies with their UHF tx stacked on top of their video RX? No seasoned FPV person with half their wits would do such a thing. Sensitive to uhf yes but then again who would do such a thing?
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Summarized: if your good enough to want the unfiltered version then you should already know how to use it. If you don't know how to used it the stay away cause this product is not for you.

Forum Member
    Summarized: if your good enough to want the unfiltered version then you should already know how to use it. If you don't know how to used it the stay away cause this product is not for you.
    Who said I would stack a EZUHF tx on top of a video RX? So that means that you think that using a cable between your Fatshark goggles and the Uno 2400 rx while holding your Taranis with EZUHF module will create sufficient distance to optimally use the unfiltered edition?
    The reason I ask this because I normally use the 5.8repeater, but the video quality suffers from that. So in order to achieve the best 2.4ghz video quality possible, I want to consider using a cable again.
    Last edited by PredatorUAV; 25th March 2015 at 10:45 AM.

Wait now your saying the 5.8 will degrade the 2.4 video too? I understand the UHF in close proximity on high will but a 25mw 5.8 repeater shouldn't. But to answer your question I do think you would be good running a cable while the tx is on low power and if you decide to switch to high your video will be disturbed.

Forum Member
    Wait now your saying the 5.8 will degrade the 2.4 video too? I understand the UHF in close proximity on high will but a 25mw 5.8 repeater shouldn't. But to answer your question I do think you would be good running a cable while the tx is on low power and if you decide to switch to high your video will be disturbed.
    No, I didnt say that. I said that using a 5.8ghz as a repeater the video signal will degrade because you re-transmit the signal. I didnt say that the 5.8Ghz tx would directly influence the Uno 2400 Rx. A low power <25mw repeater is no problem.

Sorry for my misunderstanding, it's been a long morning. Yes, if your looking for ultimate range I would stick to being cabled to the vrx. This is the true nature of the unfiltered version, with that said the power of the 700mw is still gonna get you a far far distance away with either rx. If the 3-4 db difference cannot be made up in getting a better antenna then I would try the unfiltered version. Personally I don't think I would ever fly one but I am willing to try "for science"

Forum Member
    Sorry for my misunderstanding, it's been a long morning. Yes, if your looking for ultimate range I would stick to being cabled to the vrx. This is the true nature of the unfiltered version, with that said the power of the 700mw is still gonna get you a far far distance away with either rx. If the 3-4 db difference cannot be made up in getting a better antenna then I would try the unfiltered version. Personally I don't think I would ever fly one but I am willing to try "for science"
    No problem I also like to test things, so for science I will order both the filtered and unfiltered versions and do a comparison test for fun!