Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Shark's snap-on fan equipped Faceplate - 2S ONLY!!!

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Neat idea Greg
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    Do some research on the cost of micro fans and then understand that retailers/distributors need margins as well. Amortize development and tooling cost for a relatively small production run (not 10's of thousands), add in $6 air shipping for a zipper cased sized box from China and you'll start to understand that this isn't my new boat fund by anymeans.
    If you think its worth the price, buy it. If not, its not hard to make your own.
    Factor in that HD users have already shelled out around 600 shekels already and are getting these to fix a problem not of their doing and perhaps you can understand why some would be not wanting to pay anything, I get that. Will I buy one, maybe for my HD's, probably not for my V2's.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Factor in that HD users have already shelled out around 600 shekels already and are getting these to fix a problem not of their doing and perhaps you can understand why some would be not wanting to pay anything, I get that. Will I buy one, maybe for my HD's, probably not for my V2's.
    I get that as well. Maybe can get retailers to forgo their usual margin and get the price down. Possibly look at different ways of packing to get shipping cost down. Still another month and I'm sure I'll see a lot more flack but better to say higher now and cheaper later rather than the other way around
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Agreed you get candy...

Navigator
    It will ship with 2 types of foam (neither stuck down). One set will have a 5mm spacing foam. This will allow for adjustment of eye relief and/or angling of the display in accordance with how it fits.
    That's awesome!

I get that as well. Maybe can get retailers to forgo their usual margin and get the price down. Possibly look at different ways of packing to get shipping cost down. Still another month and I'm sure I'll see a lot more flack but better to say higher now and cheaper later rather than the other way around
    Hey nice response, you are absolutely right, as ever keep us informed of what is going on and we will be an extra happy bunch, my HD's will certainly benefit from the mod, they are pretty good but better will be even gooderer.

Oh and think about adding a second power input so both sides can feed power so a second small battery can be used just for the fan.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Instructor Pilot
    Is there a on/off switch for the fan on the frame ?

Navigator
    Should just change the goggle shape themselves to this design.

Wish I had this yesterday!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ceitin View Post
    Should just change the goggle shape themselves to this design.
    +1.
    TBS Discovery Pro, NAZA M v2 GPS, TBS 900Kv Motors, TBS Bulletproof 30A ESC, Graupner 9x5 and 10x5, Taranis + EzUHF Jr R/C, EzUHF Diversity Rx, NAZA mini iOSD, Fatshark Dominator V2 w/ 2G4 vRX module, TBS Unify 800mw vTX, IBC 2.4GHz Bluebeam antenna set, TBS69 Pilot Camera, GoPro Hero 3+ Black