Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1058

Thread: Fatshark beta 1g3 nexwave Rx Testing

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbird911 View Post
    It's not that good. My BGC module is much better...but it doesn't have 1258.
    My findings are quite the opposite. The BGC is no way even near the FS in performance. You have the 8channel version of the FS module ?

Navigator
    Yes.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbird911 View Post
    It's not that good. My BGC module is much better...but it doesn't have 1258.
    Does your BGC do 21km just on clovers?
    Video or it didn't happen....

Navigator
    I do not use my new FS 8ch module in my DomHD2 very much...I got way better quality with my Rmrc vRx. The FS module will be used only on short distances ~5km radius.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalonsus View Post
    Does your BGC do 21km just on clovers?
    Video or it didn't happen....
    ��. I know, I hate it when someone writes about something they did and they don't post a video...
    Anyhoo, I tested my two modules with no antennas and with a dummy load on the vtx and the FS module lost signal much more quickly as I walked away. Maybe I got a bad one, or a really good BGC...

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by rolf hult View Post
    I do not use my new FS 8ch module in my DomHD2 very much...I got way better quality with my Rmrc vRx. The FS module will be used only on short distances ~5km radius.
    I am not surprised. The RMRC rx is very good. I got the same one on my groundstation.
    But a tiny module based rx in googles that can easily reach 5-8km is awesome. No need for a groundstation on most of the flying. And far far better coverage than 5.8.
    These are not competitive products, they fill different needs.

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft
    Which RMRC VRX? The one with the ch indicator or the original "Mini" that came with and without the saw filter upgrade? The human body is not a very good tripod for a VRX and be interesting to see how the 1.3 8ch FS module mounted on a proper tripod performed.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by rentboynz View Post
    Can Fatshark please confirm which way is "on" for the frequency select DIP switches on the 250mW 1G3 VTx, i.e. towards or away from the antenna connector? The packaging shows channel 8 selected (all switches off) but they appear to be selected towards the on label printed on the switch housing. This is backwards to the other Fatshark/ImmersionRC VTxs I have where "on" is toward the on label/antenna?

I'm guessing the packing is wrong but I need to know 100% what channel I'm using because some of the available 1G3 VTXs frequencies are used by full size aircraft for navigation here and the authorities do search out people using them illegally.

Thanks.

Attachment 72940
    Did you ever get a response to this? I have just brought this VTX and would like to get the frequency correct.

Mike

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hendry View Post
    Which RMRC VRX? The one with the ch indicator or the original "Mini" that came with and without the saw filter upgrade? The human body is not a very good tripod for a VRX and be interesting to see how the 1.3 8ch FS module mounted on a proper tripod performed.
    I use the latest versions from Rmrc, the ones with comtech tuner. I placed all GS components inside an small box now. Had to much cable clutter on my old "tripod GS".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	386.7 KB 
ID:	73074

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft
    I use the latest versions from Rmrc, the ones with comtech tuner. I placed all GS components inside an small box now. Had to much cable clutter on my old "tripod GS".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	386.7 KB 
ID:	73074
    Wow... nice "box";-) So you have ch 910 then which I don't have as I have the original RMRC US 4ch "Mini" with saw filter upgrade. Have you tested it on 910? When I ordered mine someone said they had better performance with the 4ch Mini so I went with that and it does work well based on my limited experience. But sure wish I hadn't got the Pico camera 1.3 combo as it cost me a real headache getting the Fat Shark goggles to work with it and then the 1258 micro VTX failed first time I went to use it flying. I noticed touching the TX (insulated) would cause the signal to drop but figured it was from having the signal interfered with, not a loose component saying that's what the problem is. ERRR! Oh well I got a lot done waiting that needed to be done and now there's a far better camera out that's less money and has a true 90 degree FOV in place of the PICO's (true) limited 60 degree wide FOV. But must say it's a completely jello free camera with balanced props.