Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1058

Thread: Fatshark beta 1g3 nexwave Rx Testing

Navigator
    Has anyone swapped out the trap filters on one of these yet? I did the same with a laser BGC module and it worked great but this module has two filters instead of one. I assume that I just change each of them but I'd like to hear it from someone who has done it.

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbird911 View Post
    Has anyone swapped out the trap filters on one of these yet? I did the same with a laser BGC module and it worked great but this module has two filters instead of one. I assume that I just change each of them but I'd like to hear it from someone who has done it.
    It's been done.... but darn I don't remember who did it. But it's here somewhere. Be nice if you could switch between filters.

Navigator
    Has anybody had interference between the Dragonlink UHF and this module?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by daggad View Post
    Thank you for your kind words John !
    Yes the image is even better live in the googles. I have problems to see this is any worse in color and resolution than 5.8. If so the differences because of the smaller bandwidth must be marginal.
    Hay daggad... guess what? Not gonna believe this.... but hpcoolahan mentioned to FatShark I hadn't gotten my Dom HD goggles back yet and since I was the only one that had an issue rather than have me wait again he had the factory send me a new pair... of Dom HDv2s!!! Just got the email with a tracking number... LOL How cool is that... will be here Tuesday;-)

PS... Thank you FatShark and thank you hpcoolahan for mentioning it! That's really over the top....
    Last edited by John Hendry; 27th May 2016 at 04:48 AM. Reason: typo

Instructor Pilot
    Wow that is awesome John !
    Very happy for you and hope you will be happy with your shiny new set

Navigator
    Can Fatshark please confirm which way is "on" for the frequency select DIP switches on the 250mW 1G3 VTx, i.e. towards or away from the antenna connector? The packaging shows channel 8 selected (all switches off) but they appear to be selected towards the on label printed on the switch housing. This is backwards to the other Fatshark/ImmersionRC VTxs I have where "on" is toward the on label/antenna?

I'm guessing the packing is wrong but I need to know 100% what channel I'm using because some of the available 1G3 VTXs frequencies are used by full size aircraft for navigation here and the authorities do search out people using them illegally.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160323_110357224.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	72940
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1G3 Switches.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	72928  
    Last edited by rentboynz; 2nd June 2016 at 09:44 PM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by daggad View Post
    Wow that is awesome John !
    Very happy for you and hope you will be happy with your shiny new set
    Thanks... but a really weird thing happened with DHL delivering them... as soon as they got to Portland USA a delivery hold was placed on the goggles and they weren't delivered on Tuesday the 31 as scheduled. Luckily I saw the delivery hold and made a ticket and reported it online during the weekend as well as calling early on Tues asking what the hold shown meant just to be safe when I was told they were not being delivered because a delivery hold had been placed on them stopping the scheduled delivery. So the DHL rep said they would look into it since I didn't request it. Then on Wed the hold was lifted but the delivery date was shown as unknown and my ticket over the hold closed as being resolved with no email response or a phone call. So I started calling different people in the company in need of an immediate explanation and confirmation they were being delivered on Wed and a supervisor that applied the needed level of attention located them in Eugene OR headed in the wrong direction! I received no explanation "why" and "how" the hold came about stopping the scheduled delivery or what the heck happened that made any sense with the paper trail from the ticket never completed on my end ... but at least I got them with the box in good shape and unopened before they ended up who knows where.

Just tested them with the FS 8 ch 1.3 VRX and 250w 2466 VTX and WOW what a huge screen the extra 5 degrees makes! I didn't think it would make that much difference and since it did I'm surprised it doesn't seem to affect the apparent resolution much. If FS ignores the people who complain whenever a "new" product improves because they have an older model and keeps improving the Dom goggle line at this rate I think we'll end up with separate R/L signals for simple and perfect 3D offering redundancy as well as awesome real life 3D using 2 standard low cost FPV cameras mounted properly. That's what I'm hoping for after having a 3D TV as 3D viewing makes the experience of being there so darn real instead of "flat". 3D needs a big screen "past the edges" ideally and the HDv2's have that now and the 4:3 format seems close to ideal since the view flying needs up and down as well as R&L and is closer to how we see naturally @ close to 180-degree horizontal & 135 degree vertically. For FPV I'd rather the FOV match my natural eyesight but 4:3 is better than 16:9 being 78% wider than it is tall. The aspect ratio of the camera needs to match the screen FOV and despite HD coming along 4:3 is still what is available for FPV cameras so not sure about "true" HD being the desirable FOV.

Well.... time to go terrorize the neighborhood;-) Take care...

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbird911 View Post
    Well, I pulled out the two 6.0 trap filters and added two 5.5 trap filters and I'm happy to report that it works! The original filters are jammed into the edge of the board and are difficult to desolder out / solder in the replacements. I am really just ok at soldering so it doesn't look pretty but I have audio now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FS 1.3 module mod.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	73011
    Last edited by ratbird911; 6th June 2016 at 04:55 PM.

Navigator
    So I realized that I'm not getting nearly as good signal with this Rx compared to an rmrc one, even though I have this one higher (on my head vs on table). Is this just because it has less sensitivity? The rmrc one doesn't seem to have a spec. Is -89db just not that good?

Navigator
    It's not that good. My BGC module is much better...but it doesn't have 1258.