Page 73 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatshark beta 1g3 nexwave Rx Testing

Forum Member
    Team legit already has them:

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorUAV View Post
    Team legit already has them:

Yes they show it for $59.00. They obviously aren't honoring Fat Shark's $35.00 price. At least this proves that Fat Shark does at least have them for shipping to their dealers.

capman231
    Last edited by capman231; 21st November 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Forum Member
    I bought a 1.3g rx fatshark from RMRC for my DomHD's right when they first came out but just tried it this weekend for the first time. The picture is awful and the range is terrible. Am I too late to get a replacement?

Forum Member
    Emailing the vendor is how those of us that got the first version got the replacement. RMRC will let you know. I didn't think RMRC had the version1, but if you do have a version1 they should give you the newer one.

Forum Member
    RMRC never sold version 1, they added the product to the store when the new improved v2 module was available. It's also easy to tell, if your module came in a blister pack including the antenna, then it's version 2. In version 1, the antenna came in a separate plastic bag. The 1G3 RX module is only compatible with the new 250mW 1G3 transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by thehelidude View Post
    Emailing the vendor is how those of us that got the first version got the replacement. RMRC will let you know. I didn't think RMRC had the version1, but if you do have a version1 they should give you the newer one.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorUAV View Post
    RMRC never sold version 1, they added the product to the store when the new improved v2 module was available. It's also easy to tell, if your module came in a blister pack including the antenna, then it's version 2. In version 1, the antenna came in a separate plastic bag. The 1G3 RX module is only compatible with the new 250mW 1G3 transmitter.
    Are you saying that the fatshark 1.3g module only works with a single brand and power of 1.3g tx? Really? I didn't see that in the product description when I bought it.

Ok so I have version 2. While I can't rule out a transmitter issue, I was shocked at how bad the picture and range were. I will do more testing. I jumped to the conclusion I had a version 1 when I read this thread, given the poor pq and range. Although to be fair, like I said, I will have to try it with other 1.3 tx's to figure out where to place blame.
    Last edited by billyd; 22nd November 2015 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Member
    Also why in the world would anyone use a 250mw transmitter for 1.3g video when you are using a goggle receiver? If you are going with something like that and a head mounted ground station, you aren't going to be flying exceptionally far. Might as well stick with 5.8 at 600mw and get the improved pq and probably just as good if not better range all else being equal? To me the whole point of 1.3 is for improved range. Considering you aren't using a proper ground station, you're going to want a little more power on the tx end to pick up the slack.

Forum Member
    1.3 for me is about the penetration to fly behind stuff. I can go behind plenty of objects amd keep video even on linear 1.3 vs 5.8 even when using the Pepper box. I love the fact that I can know set my mini up with one style of plug and also not worry about lc filters or voltage regulators and can change to any frequency nice and easy.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Forum Member
    So neither V1 or V2 works with a proper video transmitter like this one? Is this the case?
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=913

If this is the case I sure hope fatshark will continue testing and development until they can come up with a V3 module that actually works. Replacing my 800mw transmitter with the fatshark 250mw makes no sense.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    So neither V1 or V2 works with a proper video transmitter like this one? Is this the case?
    http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=913

If this is the case I sure hope fatshark will continue testing and development until they can come up with a V3 module that actually works. Replacing my 800mw transmitter with the fatshark 250mw makes no sense.
    This is like their 2.4 module that works best with the immersion 2.4 vtx. I had replace my lawmate vtx with the immersion for goggle flights.