FPVLAB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DIY Arduino-Based 3-Channel Diversity Controller

An other option would be to make the code so there is a 2 and 3 ch diversity option?

But I really like the manual override option.. cause I know a higher RSSI doesnt always means clearer picture. Noise could also casue rssi to climb
    Last edited by johan.jonker; 3rd July 2015 at 05:11 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

I gave up on this.. I'll either look for something similar or I'll just created a RSSI monitor with a manual switch for now..

I bought a KS0108 and not a ST7920 LCD, and I cant just change the U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_4X to u8g U8GLIB_KS0108_128 u8g, I tried, cause most of the code is exactly the same. but then display.h doesnt want to compile.

trying to use openGLCD is even a bigger nightmare, cause I really don't know what I'm doing. its alot easier, to make a RSSI monitor, but looking at the screen also indicate the quality of the signal. hehe
    Using Tapatalk

Navigator

Talking st7920 lcd

Quote Originally Posted by johan.jonker View Post
    I gave up on this.. I'll either look for something similar or I'll just created a RSSI monitor with a manual switch for now..

I bought a KS0108 and not a ST7920 LCD, and I cant just change the U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_4X to u8g U8GLIB_KS0108_128 u8g, I tried, cause most of the code is exactly the same. but then display.h doesnt want to compile.

trying to use openGLCD is even a bigger nightmare, cause I really don't know what I'm doing. its alot easier, to make a RSSI monitor, but looking at the screen also indicate the quality of the signal. hehe
    thank for the info my friend iit nit seems to worth spending more time with the st7920 better to buy an ks0108

better to buy the ST7920.. not the KS0108. look at the code. display.h its for a ST7920.
    Using Tapatalk

Navigator

Unhappy st7920

Quote Originally Posted by johan.jonker View Post
    better to buy the ST7920.. not the KS0108. look at the code. display.h its for a ST7920.
    i have already my friend the st7920 i wired her but i should check again all the wiring for mistakes i hope there is the mistake you we have already make 3 of them!! you see we where sure that they should work thanks a lot i let you know

Navigator
    i have alredy also two aomway receivers i managed to take rssi from them it is reversed they should work .....

i have the diversity working.. the screen output is not.. I can make the screen work. but not with code for the diversity,

if you want to test the screen, under "file" "examples" use the Hello World to make sure your useing the correct library for the screen
    Using Tapatalk

Yay, more diversity controllers! with graphs!!!!!
    I did something similar a while back.
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post584743

The best thing I found was being able to calibrate each VRx individually, it makes a world of difference to good switching.

Navigator
    @johan: Does your screen have a PSB pad? I've had a few 12864 LCD's that had CS1/CS2 pads but no PSB pad and I couldn't communicate with them via SPI.
    Last edited by pizzapiepeet; 22nd December 2015 at 11:47 PM. Reason: I can't forum, apparently.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by cardboard_boks View Post
    Yay, more diversity controllers! with graphs!!!!!
    I did something similar a while back.
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post584743

The best thing I found was being able to calibrate each VRx individually, it makes a world of difference to good switching.
    Calibration is essential to dial in each receiver and get good switching. It's also a pain in the ass if you're switching between different sets of receivers/frequencies. I just built a second diversity controller so I can have one for my 2.4GHz setup and one for my 5.8GHz setup

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast