FPVLAB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Arduino-Based 3-Channel Diversity Controller

Navigator
    I will build this board to some proto pcb board I have lying around so I don't need to etch anything. Since you made some changes afterwards by adding a bypass and resistors, is the schematics itself good or are there some things that should be different?
    Also, with the 7805 I assume I don't need the NTE1966? And do I need to attach 12 V RAW to the arduino or can I just attach the output of the 7805 (5V) to the arduino's VCC?

Navigator
    Another addition: The 20k ohm resistor should be a trimpot just like the 100 k ohm trimpots. It is probably for adjusting the lcd screen backlight strength.

Haven't been able to get into contact with the OP guy but hopefully he will respond here to my questions above. Really looking forward to make this but I want to make sure I understand the schematics correctly.

Is the source code still available for download?
    Using Tapatalk

Navigator
    Yes, you can download it here: https://github.com/mattcarpenter/rss...ity-controller

I just checked and the schematic and pcb board are already updated so they should work correctly. (I asked it here but got no answer)
    My first 1.2 ghz long range plane will be done in a few more days and then I will start to make this diversity setup. I am adding a ~12V voltage sensor on the arduino so I can check when my battery needs replacement. I'm going to add the voltage readout on the LCD and add a buzzer for when the voltage is below 10V.

Thank you.. I really want to start making this this weekend.. I have a very very crude manual switch between my receivers.. this looks so much better than some other diversity system that doesnt have the RSSI display
    Using Tapatalk

Navigator
    I agree, I like the display and the fact that we can easily change things with the arduino. The power consumption of the lcd is also quite low, we can feed everything off of the 5V output of the Arduino.

This project is starting to hurt my creative thinking mind.. Since I dont know much about Arduino .. I have 2 issues I'm trying to get my head around..
    Does it have to be a Arduino Pro mini? could I substitute it with a ATMEGA328 328p 5V 16MHz Arduino-Compatible Nano Size Module Board.. I cant find a true blue Arduino Pro Mini localy.. and the ATMEGA is dirt cheap..

and secondaly.. I cant find the screen?
    Using Tapatalk

Navigator
    You can probably use another arduino, the nano should work. Just make sure you use the correct pins. (I'm not sure if they are the same for pro mini and nano)

The screen you can easily find on ebay, I bought it there.

Navigator
    Just finished assembly and flashed the code but I don't get anything on my display except for the backlight. This will be difficult to troubleshoot.

edit:

I bought this lcd display: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301023889535...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Maybe the c++ constructor is not correct for this one? I have no idea how to get this thing working.
    Last edited by warcow; 26th June 2015 at 10:37 AM.

From what I gather, there is no need for the Arduino to make the diversity to work, and its only there to out put the action to the LCD..

I bought everything online from ebay.. I now have to wait for 4-6 weeks before I get my parts..
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast