ReadyMadeRC!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CANADIANS BEWARE: UPS Ground Shipping"

CANADIANS BEWARE: UPS Ground Shipping"

So I order a Taranis Radio from RMRC and use their recommended "UPS" shipping for International Orders (Canada) that cost $30.00. The UPS guy shows at my door and charges border taxes $35.87 (OK Fine) and THEN another $58 in shipping charges !!! I almost shit myself!! He said it's International Ground Shipping charges and your vendor should have notified you of these extra charges!! SO WHY IS NOT RMRC notifying International customers about these extra charges their couriers are charging and why did I pay RMRC $30 for shipping, shipping to where ? RMRC is doing absolutely nothing for me about this !!! International Customers Beware....The $30.00 shipping RMRC is charging is a lie !!!! So I just paid $88.00 shipping for a $205 Radio, Thanks RMRC !!!!!
    Last edited by ZACATTACK; 26th February 2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: None

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
    So I order a Taranis Radio from RMRC and use their recommended "UPS" shipping for International Orders (Canada) that cost $30.00. The UPS guy shows at my door and charges border taxes $35.87 (OK Fine) and THEN another $58 in shipping charges !!! I almost shit myself!! He said it's International Ground Shipping charges and your vendor should have notified you of these extra charges!! SO WHY IS NOT RMRC notifying International customers about these extra charges their couriers are charging and why did I pay RMRC $30 for shipping, shipping to where ? RMRC is doing absolutely nothing for me about this !!! International Customers Beware....The $30.00 shipping RMRC is charging is a lie !!!! So I just paid $88.00 shipping for a $205 Radio, Thanks RMRC !!!!!
    Hey Zacattack,

I took a look at your order, and I understand you also opened up a support ticket. The prices quoted on our web page are quoted prices directly from UPS for the shipping costs based on the dimensions and weight of the products ordered. We state in our shipping terms that customers are responsible for any customs duties and brokerage fees charged by the carrier they chose. In your case, UPS charged you a $30 brokerage fee plus $58 for customs duties. There's nothing we can do about that, unfortunately, as that is the cost UPS charged you for customs duties and processing. These aren't shipping fees, they are fees related to UPS processing your customs for international shipping.

This policy has been in effect for as long as I can remember.

Thanks!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyMadeRC View Post
    Hey Zacattack,

I took a look at your order, and I understand you also opened up a support ticket. The prices quoted on our web page are quoted prices directly from UPS for the shipping costs based on the dimensions and weight of the products ordered. We state in our shipping terms that customers are responsible for any customs duties and brokerage fees charged by the carrier they chose. In your case, UPS charged you a $30 brokerage fee plus $58 for customs duties. There's nothing we can do about that, unfortunately, as that is the cost UPS charged you for customs duties and processing. These aren't shipping fees, they are fees related to UPS processing your customs for international shipping.

This policy has been in effect for as long as I can remember.

Thanks!
    Tim
    HEY TIM That's Total BS ;
    The duties were $35.08 with $4.05 handling Fee that I accepted responsibility for prior to hitting the BUY BUTTON at RMRC, these DUTY fees can be found on various Duty Calculators on the Internet Tim ! The $58 were Additional Shipping & Handling Fees attached to the order from your recommended courier company, UPS Tim, get facts correct before making false statements in here!! You can try to call it whatever you like Tim !!! It's BULLSHIT , that's what I call it!! This has Absolutely Nothing to do with Border Taxes, Duties or any taxes of any sort I accept responsibility for prior to pressing the BUY BUTTON at RMRC !! Your companies shipping statements are mis-leading and false and no form of compensation has been offered in any way, shape or form from RMRC from the support tickets opened. I'm not Paying $88 Shipping Fees for a $215 item !!! SHIP FIRST then let the customer worry about the fall out !!! RMRC is fully aware of these extra costs from there courier and obviously fail to disclose these EXTRS charges in any way to their International Customers!!! Your $30 Shipping Fee IS A LIE !! GREAT POLICY RMRC !!!
    Last edited by ZACATTACK; 26th February 2015 at 03:52 AM.

Navigator
    zac you are completely wrong about this , i import all the time for business and this hobby. These are fees that the carrier company charges and nothing to do with rmrc. Unfortunately if you want to buy form abroad you run the risk of this happening , if you dont just buy local. If you dont know the systems its a shock but they all work the same (carrier companies)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggysk View Post
    zac you are completely wrong about this , i import all the time for business and this hobby. These are fees that the carrier company charges and nothing to do with rmrc. Unfortunately if you want to buy form abroad you run the risk of this happening , if you dont just buy local. If you dont know the systems its a shock but they all work the same (carrier companies)
    Your missing the point copletely here ! RMRC is fully aware of these extra costs & fees from their Couriers that they recommend and choose to do business with! Why is this not being dis-closed at there website and included in the shipping statement before you press the buy button? When you pay $30.00 for shipping at RMRC, that's not the total cost and RMRC knows this after all these years of shipping International as well ! So saying it has nothing to do with RMRC is NOT TRUE !! I realize your RMRC Fan but this is Total Bull Shit!! Your telling me that RMRC does not know about these extra shipping & handling fees? They sent me shipping & handling fees document from UPS after the product was shipped when I opened a support ticket!! They just got their money already, so why should they care about what happens down the line ?? Again..$88 shipping fees for a $215 item, total BS RMRC !!
    Last edited by ZACATTACK; 26th February 2015 at 08:06 AM.

The duties were $35.08 with $4.05 handling Fee that I accepted responsibility for prior to hitting the BUY BUTTON at RMRC, these DUTY fees can be found on various Duty Calculators on the Internet Tim !

If you don't like that amount take it up with your government.

The $58 were Additional Shipping & Handling Fees attached to the order
    This has Absolutely Nothing to do with Border Taxes, Duties or any taxes of any sort I accept responsibility for prior to pressing the BUY BUTTON at RMRC !!
    It has everything to do with Customs fees, that is the fee UPS charges to process and submit the paperwork your government requires it's residents to pay for the privilege of bringing an item into the country. If you don't like those fees take it up with your government.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

You need to find a friend just across the border... have stuff shipped to them and then go for a visit. Though depending on where you live... it may end up being cheaper to just pay the government.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Navigator
    Zac, maybe next time do a better job checking out your potential import costs;

http://www.dutycalculator.com/countr...g-into-Canada/

I recently got some nice new FS Dom V2 goggle's and 5.8g module from these guys and these did not cost me any extra handling costs in Australia. No big surprise because I have done this before.

Have you ever bought anything over $20 from the US before? If you had, you should know. Ranting on about this now is kinda silly imho. Just get over it and move on.
    Last edited by TomC; 26th February 2015 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Zac, maybe next time do a better job checking out your potential import costs;

http://www.dutycalculator.com/countr...g-into-Canada/

I recently got some nice new FS Dom V2 goggle's and 5.8g module from these guys and these did not cost me any extra handling costs in Australia. No big surprise because I have done this before.

Have you ever bought anything over $20 from the US before? If you had, you should know. Ranting on about this now is kinda silly imho. Just get over it and move on.
    I have ordered 6 times from RMRC in the past 14 months with orders far superseding this amount via USPS and no problems at all with shocking added brokerage fees or any other further expenses then what I calculated for duty into Canada !! This time on the RMRC website, I again went with the recommended mailing system, UPS, figuring NO PROBLEMS again!! Well you seen the results !! This UPS doing this not USPS. Some people just cannot afford to shell out %200-%300 more in shipping charges. The item is going back to RMRC !!
    g

The item is going back to RMRC !!
    g

And that will not get you a refund from UPS.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.