ReadyMadeRC!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CANADIANS BEWARE: UPS Ground Shipping"

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    No the unfortunate part is you failed to understand and refuse to understand is RMRC charged a rate based on the UPS shipping matrix and made it quite clear you are responsible for any additional charges that may be incurred by the handling of an International shipment.

And yes you have droned on about how many times it didn't happen before, but technically you are still responsible for those unpaid fees even though you got away with not paying them.

For example if I placed an order with an out of state supplier for say $500K, they will pack it up and a brown truck will deliver it down here and because they are not based in Florida they will not charge me any sales tax, however if the Florida Department of Revenue discovers that order they will nail me for $30K, is that the suppliers fault, no that's my problem because the tax regulations require me pay that tax.

You are in the same boat, but will not take responsibility for you own actions or lack of understanding Customs and Carriers fees.

You effed up and didn't get away with it this time pure and simple.

Wayne
    You really don't have a life do you Wayne? Nothing better to do then Spam Up threads with miscellaneous garbage!!

Being in Canada, I'm behind Tim and Ready Made RC. Brokerage fees suck and UPS really sticks it to us. But it is NOT the vendors fault.

Ya it sucks. Ya it looks like a hidden fee, but it is out of the vendor's control.

Google UPS and Canada brokerage fees. There is even a class action lawsuit in Canada under way.

Again, you have the right to tell UPS that you will clear the item yourself and do the leg work. In future, send USPS. Never had an issue with the US Postal Service or Canada Post.

For others reference, here is UPS's rate chart for customs brokerage service into Canada. Not pretty
    http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html
    Regards,
    Bryan VE3OYN
    "Technoweenie"
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    If it is broke, deny everything.

I'm in Canada and I just looked back at a few of RMRC bills and all my shipments were usps. It has only cost me 10 or $12 and my orders seemed to default to this. There is no brokerage and since it enters Canada at the province next to me, there are no taxes of any kind. It ends up in my post office box and that's it. When I ordered a Skyhunter from them, I had it sent to a depot at the border where I get some things sent to and instead of $70 dollars shipped to me, it was only $17 and under $200 there is no tax charged.
    One ripoff I would like to mention is that I just paid $16 shipping for having a bec sent to me from Ontario. The province next door.

This is a customs issue, not RMRC as stated by many before me, so direct that anger towards customs.
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

I thought every Canadian knew that UPS raped you at the border. RMRC(Tim) if you are still paying attention to this thread, could you look into having purolator as a option? I have not tried them lately, but a few Canadians have ordered from HK (USA)and had no nasty suprises. I need to order some stuff from you and want to make it worth while and order some lipos too, but as it sits UPS is my only option and they don't deliver to me.

Zac, so far 100% of the posters agree that RMRC is not at fault in any way. How is it possible that you still think otherwise?

You are trying to go for RMRC's throat now and from what you have posted it seems they have actually tried the best they could to keep international fees as low as possible.

Just stop and cool off for a bit before you keep posting then reread everything that everyone has told you, except David22. He can definitely be discounted.

If this is a known problem for the Canadians why is UPS even offered? Seems like that option should be removed for postage offerings to Canada.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Steezus View Post
    Zac, so far 100% of the posters agree that RMRC is not at fault in any way. How is it possible that you still think otherwise?

You are trying to go for RMRC's throat now and from what you have posted it seems they have actually tried the best they could to keep international fees as low as possible.

Just stop and cool off for a bit before you keep posting then reread everything that everyone has told you, except David22. He can definitely be discounted.
    Apparently Tim & RMRC, amazingly enough after all this Bull Shit, still come in here and recommends using UPS Ground to Canada and still stands by it ! The facts are posted in detail exactly what I did, how I ordered and what happened, so take them, twist them, interpret them anyway you want. It's all hearsay at this point! Again, The lesson I have taken from all this is never use UPS ground to Canada. It's that simple !! Not unless you want gouged for a %300 mark-up in shipping courier charges from UPS !! Enjoy !!
    Last edited by ZACATTACK; 27th February 2015 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
    You really don't have a life do you Wayne? Nothing better to do then Spam Up threads with miscellaneous garbage!!

No spam, just pointing out some facts that you refuse to acknowledge and continue to whine about.

Man up and admit you are the root cause of this problem and then learn from your errors instead of stomping your feet and having temper tantrums.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyMadeRC View Post
    That's pretty much the opposite of our experience with USPS, especially with international shipments. USPS basically wipes their hands clean of the shipments once they leave Chicago.
    Well yes, when USPS hands the package over to Canada Post, USPS is no longer in the loop so that is expected. You can, however, ask Canada Post to track the package. That's the thing about international shipping, it's international.

It seems like RMRC's priorities are in getting customers their orders within the quoted shipping time, and Zac's issue is mainly about cost and somehow this is where the disconnect happened.

Of course Zac is acting like a child which doesn't help anything.