Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: World speed record with 250mm (or under) size quad

Not sure will there be anything good for the video... Long story short I came back disappointed and quad will go under some mods. I'll go have few beers to ease the mood and will write my conclusion tomorrow
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboforcer X2000 View Post
    Not sure will there be anything good for the video... Long story short I came back disappointed and quad will go under some mods. I'll go have few beers to ease the mood and will write my conclusion tomorrow
    Ahh damn. I'll have a beer too, maybe it'll help a little! Heh

Yeah, but Robo gets the good Guinness, in the country that really understands the importance of a good beer with a good crew. Can't beat that.
    -KRoss1
    KD2GTU

Quote Originally Posted by kross1 View Post
    Yeah, but Robo gets the good Guinness, in the country that really understands the importance of a good beer with a good crew. Can't beat that.
    Haha, I hear ya!

Yep, Guinness is the best at small countryside pub in Ireland only, in the rest of the world it's just not the same

OK, back on topic (beer is always ON topic)- I have nothing good to show in the video. I was just doing hover tests/rough tuning and one or two easy laps, I will add that footage to maiden #2. The problem with the quad was yaw issues, exactly same as it was with my first turbobubu Once I'm in the flight at 50-75% throttle it is fine, but if I crank up more speed, then after dropping the throttle quad quickly spins a bit and dips onto one side. Previously I thought it was due to flexibility of previous frame and after I started stiffening it things improved. But this V2 frame is as stiff as my morning glory, like no other, so flexibility is definitely outruled here.
    I have a new theory on my yaw issues- inverted motors with large body area close props. My guts now say that it was the same problem with V1 as it had same inverted motors with prop tips very close to the body. I remember, one of my builds had a bit yaw issues when two motors at the rear were right side up and two at the front were tits down. I wrote that issue off as bugs in FW (there was quite few back then) together my lack of understanding how to tune FC precisely. Now that I think that only adds to my new theory,
    which will be tested shortly- I cut braided line off, broke off and turned my motors right way up, ready for wrapping again and hopefully I'll finish this evening. I'm not gonna resolder motor wires to have a proper rotation direction, instead of that I'll reverse yaw gyro on Naze32 and Rud channel on Taranis. To check my theory I'm not gonna change any PIDs, rates or anything else (prop direction makes no difference), everything will stay the same except motors will be looking upwards.
    Now that storms and floodings are nearly gone I get one day a week (ish) of flyable weather so I bet maiden #2 will not stall for a month
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    Derrick:

I had yaw issues in the blackbird 250 and it was because the cg was way in the back. I moved the battery to the top plate and forward and it got rid of the yaw issues. Maybe the problem that you are having is because of the cg and not because of the aerodynamics of the props air flow.

Could the vortexes under the arms be and issue? When air travels around a round cross-section the round shape will get pulled hard side to side. Imagine the spirals they use on high chimneys to cancel out the wobbling effect. Ps:I don't claim that this is the problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by MAYMIDROIX View Post
    Maybe the problem that you are having is because of the cg and not because of the aerodynamics of the props air flow.
    Could be but I think it's unlikely. CG on the first one was dead on center, this one as well, and on the rest of my copters. And there's no trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    Could the vortexes under the arms be and issue? When air travels around a round cross-section the round shape will get pulled hard side to side. Imagine the spirals they use on high chimneys to cancel out the wobbling effect. Ps:I don't claim that this is the problem though.
    Dunno mate, could be as well, without logging FC we just can be making up the theories and doing "educated guessing" based on our knowledge and experience
    Derrick:

Could be but I think it's unlikely. CG on the first one was dead on center, this one as well, and on the rest of my copters. And there's no trouble.

Dunno mate, could be as well, without logging FC we just can be making up the theories and doing "educated guessing" based on our knowledge and experience
    Where it's your CG at a high angle of inclination when going forward?

Where it's your CG at a high angle of inclination when going forward?

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast