Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: World speed record with 250mm (or under) size quad

Mate I'm no expert but as I have read about the issues u are having it has crossed my mind that I would try jacking up I? Maybe D? I don't think it is a P problem

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftbender View Post
    Mate I'm no expert but as I have read about the issues u are having it has crossed my mind that I would try jacking up I? Maybe D? I don't think it is a P problem
    I tried that earlier but I'll give it go again as changing props still needs re-tuning.
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

It's always something, isn't it?
    I set my OSD on V3, plugged into computer, flashed FC, and when I started testing motors one of them started shaking badly. At first I thought that it's the usual case when spinning without props with oneshot and PIDs being too high, but soon spotted that the stator with windings of one motor moves sideways. It was the same motor that I was waiting for to finish my quad, a brand spanking new that had only 2 revolutions on 3s just to check direction after soldering.
    After opening that motor I saw that there was barely signs of epoxy that is used to glue stators to bearing housings, the stator slid off the housing very easy. I glued the stator back on with high strength industrial epoxy and will leave it til tomorrow.
    High motor quality was my main goal on this build for not to have similar hiccups. But I guess I just got "lucky" as never heard of anything like it on KDE motors.

If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    Derrick:

Regarding your issues, you could do a black box recording and contact Joshua Bardwell (via YouTube I'd guess) he is pretty good at analyzing logs

Yeah man, I know that fella on YT, it's just I don't have time for absolutely anything. I've a big move on the way and I should be packing my garage along with the house, but I still want to get my flights as it's gonna be ~Xmas til I have another space to work in
    Derrick:

^ No Pressure

BOOM !!!

Getting the video sorted atm, will tell more once done
    Derrick:

WOW sweet speed dude!!! congrats!
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci

I got to 182 km/h and lost a video My phone ran out of memory and the end of it wasn't recorded. Since then I just couldn't reach 182 km/h and things were getting worse with every battery- motors started to scream due to gone bearings and every time I plugged in 6s battery there was a tiny smoke coming out from 2 of them. So I consider this run sort of lucky as everything was falling apart and I'm very happy with my reached 178 km/h
    I got this speed with 4.1/4x5.5 props cut from 5x5.5. I had to experiment a bit with props in real flights coz bigger props doesn't spool up that much and smaller ones has the revs but not the thrust. It's that middle that cannot be tested on the bench as static thrust and RPMs are different than in the air. Static tests gives only rough ideas, but without them there's no cream on the cake either. From the last flight I could feel that I could have done few little extra km with 4.5x4.5x3B (cut from 7x4.5x3B) props on, but crashed when failsafe kicked in. I have my antennas in not very good position for high altitude flying as the whole copter blocks the signal once I'm up there and further away, but nevermind anymore
    Now that V2 is RIP and I got my record, I can move on to V3 and hopefully I'll top up that record shortly

Derrick:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    WOW sweet speed dude!!! congrats!
    Cheers bro!
    And I have to give some credits to Shaftbender for suggestion to crank up I in PIDs. I've tried to increase it like never had on any copters (~0.75) and it worked. I didn't go for proper tuning but feck it, dat'll do for now
    Derrick:

Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast