Thread: NEW... Need HELP .. with Flight controller and Flight receiver info about Voltage!!!!

Navigator

Unhappy NEW... Need HELP .. with Flight controller and Flight receiver info about Voltage!!!!

Ok so i am buying all my FPV and flight gear for a quad im getting (ImmersionRc Vortex, if it ever gets releaased) i just got a FrSKY Teranis that comes with the X8r RX and the voltage rating for it is 4-10v .. im going to assume that immersion is probably going to use the Dji Naza my question is if im running my quad on 3 sell lipo thats ~11.1v and my Control RX can only take max 10v. DO most FlightControlers for quads have a built in volt regulator incorperated for attaching Flight RX's? and info will be great .. im looseing my mind with the lack of info on this

Navigator
    You either use a voltage regulator or power it from the BEC in one of your speed controllers. It's function is to step down voltage. With apm, I'm using the power module designed for it that also gives the flight controller voltage and amperage readings from the battery.

Navigator
    So if i use a Separate UBEC, my Rx calls for 4-10v so that would be covered but most BEC's say they have a 5 amp output and My X8R (rx) calls for 4~10v @ 100mA, so as long as the voltage is good does the output amperage matter?

Navigator
    Take it you've never had anything rc before

Navigator
    i have a really long time ago but it was a plane so there was no flight controller so you just went battery -rx - 1 ESC to the motor and the rest were servos haha ive got most of this down im just haveing an issue with the power system .. i know in normal electronics max amperage just means that if you have 5 amp then that is the max that you can draw from doesnt mean its always pushing 5 amps .. i guess i answered my own question there... but tell me if this sounds right... "battery" to the "PDB" to the "motors" then they all go to the "Flight Controller". then from the "flight Controller" to a "BEC" then to the "RX"?? i have no idea if thats right. this would all be fixed if they would just put a Volt regulator in flight controllers.

Navigator
    nevermind... figured it out due to the fact im basiclly trying to figure this all out before i have the quad (immersionrc vortex .. just waiting for it to come out) as long as they use somthing like the NaZA v2 it does have a BEC build in so i will just have to wait to find out which FC they are going to use and what its specs are .. thanks for the help .. and for my video Tx im assuming i just use the balance plug off of the battery right?

Navigator
    The vortex is using proprietary hardware I believe (not naza) and from the sound of it it will pretty much be plug and play. I wouldn't even worry about it as I am sure they will have done all the work for you to make it simple.

Navigator
    yeah im not sure what they will use, their Xugong v2 uses the Naza V2 thats why i was just assuming they would use something similar on the vortex.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by CABoyer View Post
    So if i use a Separate UBEC, my Rx calls for 4-10v so that would be covered but most BEC's say they have a 5 amp output and My X8R (rx) calls for 4~10v @ 100mA, so as long as the voltage is good does the output amperage matter?
    Think of it this way...in your house you have 15amp circuits running to all your outlets. You can plug in anything from a nightlight to a toaster and they'll take from that 15amps what they need and you can add things until you overload the circuit. Your example is 0.1amps for the x8r out of 5amps, so a nightlight.

Take a look at my diagram. The purple line out of the power module would be equivalent to your bec output.
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....osd-mini-setup