SurveilZone.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $9.99, cheapest 800tvl cmos camera from SurveilZone

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcavanaugh View Post
    Customer service has indicated the PA1191 does not fit without customization. They will do this if you ask for it on the order form. No where on their site does it state this. In their words

If you buy this camera and need a case be aware the case will not fit properly and you need to ask for a modified case.
    Attachment 61241

, Attachment 61240
    You left the chat before we updated a suitable case for the camera CC1558, that would be PA1192.

Please aware the note in the AD, It can be suitable for 800tvl camera CC1558, but you need to cut the upper two connectors (useless for FPV) off so that you can fit it into this case.

I received the PA1194

I just received them yesterday. The opening for the wires IS NOT located in the right spot. I had to cut about 1/2 cm of plastic to get the output and power wire for the VTX to fit. Even you photos on your site show the opening too far to the right as compared to the connector on the bottom.

We were not getting anywhere on the chat and I had to go back to work. As I said, it does not fit. I had to cut the case to get the camera into it. Either the camera or the case has changed.
    Last edited by rickcavanaugh; 21st April 2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Corrected. the PA1192 does appear to be correct

Corrected this post. I received the PA 1194. The PA1192 does appear to be correct

Here is an overlay to scale of the back door of the PA1194 from the surveilzone website and a photo of the back of the cc1558 camera

You can see in the lower left corner the plug hole in the PA1194 does not line up with the connector on the camera. The top hole and connector lines up, but this is the useless connector that is not used. The bottom hole is the important on.

This drawing is to scale so you can only see about 1/2 of the output and power connector.

Still a great deal and incredibly fast shipping. People just need to be aware about the case not fitting properly. For me this was an issue as it was going into a seaplane which will see water frequently. A better sealing case would help with the water proofing. Even then I was planning on having the camera die frequently, thus my interest in a cheap camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larger.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	61256
    Last edited by rickcavanaugh; 21st April 2015 at 02:08 PM.

Here are photos of the PA1194 before cutting the back and after to show how far off the hole is. What can not be seen is the bowing of the back door due to the capacitor (or what ever the cylinder wrapped in plastic is) hitting the back preventing the back from closing completely.

Before mods. If you compare to the scale mockup off of website photos, the website is accurate.
    Attachment 61258

After modifications of cutting back and cutting off on jack on board.
    Attachment 61259
    Last edited by rickcavanaugh; 21st April 2015 at 02:08 PM.

Navigator
    PA1192 fits, but need to cut off 2 connectors

Navigator
    I managed to break the other leg on big Y1 capacitor loose while installing the camera on my tricopter. Anyone have idea what kind of capacitor is it? What could I solder in as a replacement. Is it even a capacitor?

Name:	DSC_0112.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	61612
    Last edited by lauka; 30th April 2015 at 02:43 PM.

Navigator
    Turns out it is not a capacitor, it's an oscillator. Never seen a cylindrical one before. I guess this is the same: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elect...354585522.html

Co-Pilot
    More precisely -- it's a crystal (which becomes part of an oscillator).

You need to know the frequency of the crystal -- using a replacement with the wrong frequency will not work.

Co-Pilot
    I get a bit annoyed with the Surveilzone shopping system -- I load up my cart and then get called away. When I go back (and log in again) my cart is empty and (being old) I can't remember what it was that I was going to buy :-). A persistent shopping cart would result in many more sales (at least from me) ;-)

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by lauka View Post
    I managed to break the other leg on big Y1 capacitor loose while installing the camera on my tricopter. Anyone have idea what kind of capacitor is it? What could I solder in as a replacement. Is it even a capacitor?

Name:	DSC_0112.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	61612
    You can ask it from SZ, I think you can get it free.