FPVLAB

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Developing the LKTR120 Micro FPV Quad / LKTR100 / LKTR090

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by PH-0107 View Post
    Great to see LKTR 120 concept to be live one year after. I took mine to Iceland and Norway last summer for FPV flying in quiet weather after a lot of practicing in the park nearby where I live in The Netherlands. Had a great time, learning curve with this hobby. If I have time, I will complete the DVR movie and post it on YouTube one day. Weather picked up recently and must admit that Cleanflight has greatly improved over the winter when I tested. The naze32 Flip mini and F3 mini boards work amazingly well (ditched the v2 AfroMini last summer) now. Got the motor start up issue under control with the original MultiStar ESC BL HELI version and bricked a few by updating them. Flying the quad with the best 'locked in' feeling till now, I got too enthusiastic I guess and hit the graffiti wall in the park after a looping....the poor little thing endured so many crashes, but this did it. Time for upgrades now!
    I am happy to see that at least one other person is still looking at this thread.

You mention the new F3 FC and the new CleanFlight version. I wonder if "the best 'locked in' feeling" has more to do with the new F3 hardware or the improved CleanFlight software. Did you (or anybody else) have the chance to compare the AfroMini (or any Naze32) with an old CleanFlight version to a new version? I have the AfroMini rev3 (the latest) and I am just learning to fly and I started with CleanFlight 1.12 so I am not able to judge if the new and improved CleanFlight make the difference or the new F3 FC.

What are your plans for an "update"? Do you have already a new frame in mind?
    I am sure I will also build another more powerful quad after my flying skills improve. And somehow I like the frames from BoltRC. But now there are so many options from 150, 180, 210, 250 with 3" to 6" props that it is (at least for me) very difficult to make up my mind about what's next.

Navigator
    Hi Ede,

It is the CleanFlight version and the LuxFloat development that does the job better. I did not change the hardware before the 'hard landing' after a few good runs on the latest CleanFlight version.
    Last year, the AfroMini v2 did not perform as smooth and stable as the flip mini even when on the same version of CleanFlight, so probably a hardware thing. I guess AfroMini v3 should be a better board, I have not tried.

The plans on the update resulted in my second post. Same LKTR 120 frame, different motors, props and ESC. Now I also have ONESHOT enabled ESCs, that helps a lot. With the multistars the quad still felt 'floatie' and was difficult to keep altitude (kept climbing). So, finally I am catching up with technology that arrived second half last year. The low weight = low impact = less risk to the environment I fly in, is something that attracts me to this 120mm class.
    Encouraged by the videos of RotorX and all the Alien and LittleBee stuff out there, I decided not to go for bigger (180-250 class). They all really prove that 100-150 mm is a class that can really fly well outside (provided the wind is not getting too strong).

For your info. A brief experiment with a 130 Diatone chassis resulted in a quad where everything is bigger, a little easier to build and more rugged and of course heavier (127 gr without LiPo)....even the Eachine 1104 motors struggle to really lift it. Waiting for proper Dys BE1104 to arrive, I may even need 1304 motors in the end.....ending up in the game of ever increasing weight and power that Elektrosmog so carefully played out in the LKTR120 design!
    The 130 will be an experimentation frame I think. It just looks fat compared to the LKTR-120, which starts with the thick and heavy carbon, the 36 mm FC and ends with the pig tail antenna on the bigger and heavier VTX.
    A lot of work to be done to shave off a few grams of obsolete housing materials, etc.. So, there you go:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160611.JPG 
Views:	313 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	73158
    Don't be fooled by the grey straps, the LKTR 120 on the left really is slim when compared to the 130 Diatone.
    Last edited by PH-0107; 14th June 2016 at 03:06 AM.

Navigator

Advice on an alternate receiver

Hey folks. Was hoping to get a bit of advice for a newbie. Got this kit from Banggood with the MX Oversky 32 controller/receiver combo, and put it together without much trouble. (with the notable exception of needing to put the ESCs on the underside of the case, as otherwise I couldn't get the rest of the components to fit.

Now, a rather silly problem: the receiver on this bad boy is DSM2, and I've got a Taranis without the DSM2 module. (In fact, as far as I understand it DSM2 is no longer allowed in Europe, so I can't even buy the OrangeRX module to add to the Taranis.)

So, first (stupid question): I assume I can separate the receiver and the FC, and plug a different receiver into it. (based on http://www.overskyrc.com/mx-nano-ove...mit-p-600.html) Is that accurate?

Assuming so, the second stupid question: would a receiver like http://www.skanehobby.se/mottagare-m...ccst-16ch.html be compatible with the FC?

Thanks, and apologies once again for the n00b questions. Can't wait to fly this thing; looks awesome!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by partnerinflight View Post
    Hey folks. Was hoping to get a bit of advice for a newbie. Got this kit from Banggood with the MX Oversky 32 controller/receiver combo, and put it together without much trouble. (with the notable exception of needing to put the ESCs on the underside of the case, as otherwise I couldn't get the rest of the components to fit.

Now, a rather silly problem: the receiver on this bad boy is DSM2, and I've got a Taranis without the DSM2 module. (In fact, as far as I understand it DSM2 is no longer allowed in Europe, so I can't even buy the OrangeRX module to add to the Taranis.)

So, first (stupid question): I assume I can separate the receiver and the FC, and plug a different receiver into it. (based on http://www.overskyrc.com/mx-nano-ove...mit-p-600.html) Is that accurate?

Assuming so, the second stupid question: would a receiver like http://www.skanehobby.se/mottagare-m...ccst-16ch.html be compatible with the FC?

Thanks, and apologies once again for the n00b questions. Can't wait to fly this thing; looks awesome!
    I don't know anything about the Banggood parts but I can tell you the following: LKTRSMG, who developed the LKTR120 spend a lot of time to test lots of parts and to put the right parts together. There are lots of details about what he tested and recommends mostly at the beginning of this thread. As far as I know Oversky is the only authorized dealer of the LKTR120. Banggood just used the name and did something very different. For this reason it is unlikely that you will get much support for the Banggood quad in this thread. I was one of the last people (following this thread) who build the LKTR120 and there are very few posts now.

Personally I used the FrSky XSR with the Taranis and the AfroMini. The XSR was not available when the LKTR120 was originally developed so it is not part of the recommended parts. But it's very small (especially unpinned) and obviously it works with the Taranis.
    I think your best bet it to search with the name of the Banggood controller/receiver and hopefully you will find some info.

About the ESCs under the frame: I understand the problem with the very limited space but I don't think it is a good idea to expose the ESCs under the frame. You can damage them very easy. Maybe it is better to put them inside and just buy some longer standoffs. I am able to just about squeeze everything (including OSD) into the frame with 12mm standoffs but some people use 15 or 20mm.

Good luck!

Navigator
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KBoUmNpg-ZY

In the quest for the smallest APM for the lktr120, I settled with this micro APM which banggood calls it mini APM flight controller v3.18 and overskyRC calls it nano APM 3.17

http://m.banggood.com/HKPilot-Mega-M...p-1006320.html

http://m.banggood.com/Ublox-7-Series...p-1006319.html

Navigator
    Would love to see an update for the lktr090. It looks like dp03 motors are still the best if I want decent power/efficiency, does this still hold true a year later? I want to fly inside and out. Also is the getfpv mini 200mw 1.2ghz still recommended, I want good signal penetration. Also, any other frames like this but smaller that can still handle brushless?
    Last edited by airex; 15th October 2016 at 02:41 AM.

look at the 1104 or 1102s

Navigator

Wink Remarkable range with 1.2g

Quote Originally Posted by airex View Post
    Also is the getfpv mini 200mw 1.2ghz still recommended, I want good signal penetration.
    Yes, it is still the lightest solution at 200mw, a 600mw ts5828 has better penetration but it is 7.3g even with a trimmed clover directly soldered to the PCB. Here's a video to give u an idea of the range u can expect , pretty impressive huh?

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061