Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Into the Sport!

Navigator

Getting Into the Sport!

Hey guys, Just signed up to FPV LAB

I've been watching a lot of YouTube, and came across FPV. I fell in love instantly. So I did some research, due to the fact that I'm based in Australia it becomes hard for me to get some of the better gear... after watching a TESTED video I decided that I have to build one in the next couple of weeks, and on that note. I'll post what I'd like to get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter - Carbon Fiber Edition - $149.99

FXC1806-14 2300kv - $34.99 x 4 = $139.96

Lumenier 12 amp ESC with SimonK Firmware - $16.99 x 4 = $67.96

Gemfan 5x3 Propeller - 2 Blade (Set of 4 - Black) - $3.49

Lumenier 1300mAh 3s 35c Lipo Battery (XT60) - $15.99

Acro Naze32 Flight Controller (Straight + Right Angle) - $24.99

Fat Shark Teleporter V3 Video Goggles w/ PilotHD V2 - $199.99

FrSky Taranis X9D Plus 2.4GHz ACCST Radio & X8R Combo (Mode 2) - $224.99

Total = $826.37

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anybody out there who is in AUS that has an FPV with the similar setup and would be able to help me find a supplier that i can get these things from locally.

Thanks in advance

Navigator
    setup looks good

only thing i dont know is the camera.

maybe add some circular polarized antennas, for example spironet !

a supplier that i can get these things from locally
    dont think that is possible. we order everything from all over the world.
    dont forget enouth spare propellers !

Navigator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    setup looks good

only thing i dont know is the camera.

maybe add some circular polarized antennas, for example spironet !

dont think that is possible. we order everything from all over the world.
    dont forget enouth spare propellers !

Thanks for the Advice Do you think Building it Progressively or save up and build it up in one go?

Navigator
    look at either red20rc for their 220pro frame, killer frame really light cut to order and located in newcastle. or the blackout miniH (currently on back order) from townsville

as far as 5030 props the cheapest I have found them is rcbits in canberra $2.40 a set of 4 cw or ccw you will need a set of each at least, get more, i just got 10 packs from them for the next two weeks.

you will want at least 6 batteries I go for either 1500mah or 2200mah packs I can do acro stuff with either with a gopro mounted on my fattie of a quad

for the cam I have been using the runcam http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...PV-camera.html and its pretty good and has taken many crashes

for the same price of the lumier ESC you could almost get KISS ESCs, I run afro 12a which are about $12 and you want to have a spare so that when you blow one up (which you will) you can replace it straight away.

your motors are crazy expensive get some cobra 2204 2300kv I think they are about $21 and get at least one spare boltrc.com have them

sorry to post so many external links to other stores Mongrel (you should really get all this stuff in so you are the one stop miniquad shop)

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by owend View Post
    look at either red20rc for their 220pro frame, killer frame really light cut to order and located in newcastle. or the blackout miniH (currently on back order) from townsville

as far as 5030 props the cheapest I have found them is rcbits in canberra $2.40 a set of 4 cw or ccw you will need a set of each at least, get more, i just got 10 packs from them for the next two weeks.

you will want at least 6 batteries I go for either 1500mah or 2200mah packs I can do acro stuff with either with a gopro mounted on my fattie of a quad

for the cam I have been using the runcam http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...PV-camera.html and its pretty good and has taken many crashes

for the same price of the lumier ESC you could almost get KISS ESCs, I run afro 12a which are about $12 and you want to have a spare so that when you blow one up (which you will) you can replace it straight away.

your motors are crazy expensive get some cobra 2204 2300kv I think they are about $21 and get at least one spare boltrc.com have them

sorry to post so many external links to other stores Mongrel (you should really get all this stuff in so you are the one stop miniquad shop)
    Cool thanks for the advice, I'll update my part sheet. I'll update you guys when I've done it.

i would highly recommend investing in better goggles. youll want them sooner than later. Doms (v1's are great) are not gonna let you down. also dont get that HD cam. its got a bad lag and useless for minis. Id recommend a CS600 cam.

Oh and WELCOME TO THE LAB!

ps-get ALOT more props
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Navigator
    glad I could help ya, where do you live? (if thats not too forward) I'm in canberra and we are runnign a multi rotor meetup and race on the 8th so if you are anywhere near you should come and have a play, I'm hoping to have a few demo frames for people to look at.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by owend View Post
    glad I could help ya, where do you live? (if thats not too forward) I'm in canberra and we are runnign a multi rotor meetup and race on the 8th so if you are anywhere near you should come and have a play, I'm hoping to have a few demo frames for people to look at.
    I live in Brisbane, haha... I ordered just a cheapo FPV Carbon fibre 250mm frame from ebay. Just to get me started. Also Has anybody heard of using Emax MT2204 2300KV just as a starting motor?

Hi mate I'm on the Sunny Coast and in the process of building a mini too. I've been flying quads for 6 months now, I've got a qrx350 pro and a little hubson x4. Here's the specs on my mini build.
    MXP230 elite frame (carbon fibre)
    Cobra 2204 2300kv $25 each from rotorgeeks
    12A esc flashed with BLHeli $15 each from rotorgeeks
    CC3D $40 hobbyking
    IRC 25mw vrx
    Spironet LHCP antenna
    Gopro 3+ for fpv and recording, will probably get another cam down the track
    I'll keep ya posted with how it all comes together, still waiting on parts to arrive.

Matt

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Unwin View Post
    Hi mate I'm on the Sunny Coast and in the process of building a mini too. I've been flying quads for 6 months now, I've got a qrx350 pro and a little hubson x4. Here's the specs on my mini build.
    MXP230 elite frame (carbon fibre)
    Cobra 2204 2300kv $25 each from rotorgeeks
    12A esc flashed with BLHeli $15 each from rotorgeeks
    CC3D $40 hobbyking
    IRC 25mw vrx
    Spironet LHCP antenna
    Gopro 3+ for fpv and recording, will probably get another cam down the track
    I'll keep ya posted with how it all comes together, still waiting on parts to arrive.

Matt
    I would steer you away from the cc3d, they arn't bad but not as easy to get sorted as the Naze FC otherwise it sounds good.