Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Headtracker pan keeps moving [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner View Post
    Hi there,

quick update:

Ordered a new HT module and a new pair of the V2, third module, and sent them back because, as you will guess, the same drifting.

After getting in contact with the support-Team my goggles and module are now on the way to the uk, repair Center. They will check them and hopefully fix this issue.

WeŽll see how this will work out.

Cheers
    Hey Cleaner,

Thanks for posting this, I'm very interested to hear what is causing the drifting issue like the video above and how it can be fixed. Everything I have tried has not been able to keep it from doing it, and would like to see it work properly. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

Followup on this issue.
    I had noticed that initializing the goggles in some directions (always level, but pointing different compass
    directions) seemed to affect how much it drifted, so I did the following.
    I stand up, move away ground station (as I always had before), stand very
    still, hold the goggles to my stomach, perfectly level, while pointing my body due North. Then power
    (or repower) and hold still for a few more seconds. Since I've started using that procedure
    I'm seeing little or no drift. Maybe it's a fluke, but it's been working the last few days
    of flying through several power cycles a day. The goggles are usually also on for a few
    minutes before I do that, so they've reached operating temp and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Followup on this issue.
    I had noticed that initializing the goggles in some directions (always level, but pointing different compass
    directions) seemed to affect how much it drifted, so I did the following.
    I stand up, move away ground station (as I always had before), stand very
    still, hold the goggles to my stomach, perfectly level, while pointing my body due North. Then power
    (or repower) and hold still for a few more seconds. Since I've started using that procedure
    I'm seeing little or no drift. Maybe it's a fluke, but it's been working the last few days
    of flying through several power cycles a day. The goggles are usually also on for a few
    minutes before I do that, so they've reached operating temp and so forth.

Will give this a try next time.. this may help set the compass and the possible interference it's getting from the goggles.

Hey Cleaner

Been over a month now, wondering if they were able to come up with a cause/solution for the headtracker drifting.. have done a few flights and it has ranged from not so bad to gotta land cause it's all over the place! Sure would be nice to know how to fix it or if it needs to be replaced. Thanks

Hello All, Having the same issue on my DOM Hd's which came with the Trinity module. I am also experiencing "twitching" of both the pan and tilt servos. when I unplug the HT cable from the goggles, the twitching stops. The twitching occurs every second or two and its almost like a heartbeat. at first I didn't think it would be noticeable in the air but it is. I also have my Mobius on the same Pan and tilt system so my HD videos have the "twitch" in them. its so annoying. anyone seeing this along with the drift?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgoraj View Post
    Hello All, Having the same issue on my DOM Hd's which came with the Trinity module. I am also experiencing "twitching" of both the pan and tilt servos. when I unplug the HT cable from the goggles, the twitching stops. The twitching occurs every second or two and its almost like a heartbeat. at first I didn't think it would be noticeable in the air but it is. I also have my Mobius on the same Pan and tilt system so my HD videos have the "twitch" in them. its so annoying. anyone seeing this along with the drift?
    Hi, mine does a slow crawl towards center, most noticeable at 45 angle left and right. Only the horizontal axis does this, vertical is not affected.

After a whole bunch of days without seeing this issue (following the re-boot cycle described above),
    at last event, I could not get it to stop drifting despite re-powering the goggles about a dozen times.
    Wasn't just drifting toward center either, but was drifting away from center, sometimes to the right, and
    sometimes to the left. I wasted 2 full flights trying to get it working. I need to do some more testing, but
    the only thing different was I was using the battery instead of powering through the cable. Was forced
    to switch to battery, because the power connection on the cable failed (2nd one now).

Instructor Pilot
    Fatshark: I am seeing the same. Never ever had a mm drift with my Dom V1. Are you not able to see any of this in your own tests ?

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    Nobody has yet sent a system back to a repair center for inspection. We just did a 100% incoming test of the last delivery of bare head trackers and found <.5% rejects (for motion). There are 2 possible causes for the instability; unstable voltage supply (bad connection, frayed battery wires) that may cause changes in the reference voltages on the sensors or 2) electromagnetic influence from nearby components such as the DVR or the switcher on the DVR board (which is in relatively close proximity to the HT sensors). I've not seen it and its not been widely reported so I can only conject that there maybe some noisy switcher regulator circuits on some units. I won't know until I can get a suspect system back for analysis.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Instructor Pilot
    Thanks, hope we can find out. I have my old "beta" Trinity in my V2s Next time I will see if that one performs better.