Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Headtracker pan keeps moving [SOLVED]

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Have all you guys also tried re-seating the HT module as well ?
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Tried today with different Transmitter. And? Surprise, no drifting at all!!!!

Got my hands on a dx 8 today and tested it with great success!!! It worked like it is supposed to do!! No drifting or moving. So that narrows it down to the mx16 hott.

Does it make any sense? Don´t know yet. mx16 hott is supposed to work with the tinity module, that´s one of the reasons I bought it in the first place.

Re-seating the module was tried before. But we are going to figure it out, finally.

So far thanks to the supportteam and everybody else.

Dagged, if you´ve got the possibility, try with a different Transmitter and please post your result.

Instructor Pilot
    I used my old Trinity with the same Taranis radio without any problems. But will investigate when the weather gets a little warmer..

So, that´s it. Sending my gear back to the shop. After reassuring and douple-checking I got the same drifts with the dx 8 aswell. Sick and tired of this and that this is not a common Thing it has to be either goggles or module, don´t care anymore.

Thanks and goodbye

Navigator
    There is an excellent diy headtracker over on RcGroups by a guy called dennis fries I think. I have one and bought a module to put it in my fatsharks.Works like a charm if your interested.

Today I went out to fly and was extremely deliberate to
    1. Power up the goggles with no movement what-so-ever
    2. To do it away from any metal or sources of interference
    3. Let it acclimate to the outdoor temperature
    4. Had previously reseated the trinity module in my V2s

and... it still drifts toward center, slowly, but continuously.

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Daemon , only way to suss this out is to send the tracker to a repair centre for testing (thats what Greg said)
    support@fatshark.com if you want to.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    The Trinity head tracker was designed and released before the DOMV2 or DOMHD was released. The head tracker relies on a stable magnetic field. Its quite possible that the DVR or different placement of the switching components is affecting the head tracker performance - there is a lot of electronics jammed into a small enclosure. I didn't see any affects of this and every DOMHD's HT is tested inside the DOMHD headset before shipping so it hasn't come up as an issue. The only way this can be solved is if someone returns a headset to a repair center for inspection and possibly we may need to send on to the head tracker vendor to solve. I can't solve it by guessing and I don't have any products here that exhibit this behavour that I can use for troubleshooting.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Please have a look at my setup, if it's the same drifting issue that other people have encountered... was wondering if anyone sent in their goggles for testing or if there was any suggestions..

Dominator HD w/ trinity
    Fatshark CMOS pan/tilt/roll
    Spektrum dx7s w/ 1.03 update
    Spektrum ar8000 channel 5/6 (no roll)

Performs the same way in flight...

Thanks!

Hi there,

quick update:

Ordered a new HT module and a new pair of the V2, third module, and sent them back because, as you will guess, the same drifting.

After getting in contact with the support-Team my goggles and module are now on the way to the uk, repair Center. They will check them and hopefully fix this issue.

We´ll see how this will work out.

Cheers