Thread: New Dominator V2 problem. SD Card slot not locking the card

Forum Member

New Dominator V2 problem. SD Card slot not locking the card

I got a Dominator V2 three months ago at GetFPV and the sd card slot is not locking the card anymore. I don't live in the US and send the goggles back for repair is not an option for me (would take moooooooonths come back to me... ). I have DIY experience and could fix it myself but I have no idea where I could get the corresponding part.

Any help would be appreciated as I only got these goggles because the DVR feature and now it has no use for me

Regards

Renato

Forum Member
    When I first got my V2's I had this problem and just opened the slot up a little with a craft knife, looks like there was a little bit of paint in there from the spraying process, my HD's did not have this problem though.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial narrow][COLOR=#ff0000]similis vobis fugere eam furatus[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#ff0000][B]![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[LIST][*][URL="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Edith_Sitwell"]Edith Sitwell[/URL] "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."[/LIST]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    When I first got my V2's I had this problem and just opened the slot up a little with a craft knife, looks like there was a little bit of paint in there from the spraying process, my HD's did not have this problem though.
    I'll look for a guide about how to disassemble the goggle later and check the slot for some obstruction. Thanks!

Forum Member
    I would not recommend you to open the goggles to do this , if you damage anything in the process it will not be covered under warranty.
    As Pete mentioned , does the card feel like its tight and catching on the shell?
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    I would not recommend you to open the goggles to do this , if you damage anything in the process it will not be covered under warranty.
    As Pete mentioned , does the card feel like its tight and catching on the shell?
    no

It's completely free to insert and remove in the slot.

Forum Member
    Dam..
    Sounds like there might be something obstructing it possibly then.
    Can you blow into the slot a few times to see if it clears anything that is in there ?
    Also , make sure you are gently pushing it in far enough to engage , (sometimes past the shell front to work)

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Forum Member
    Dam..
    Sounds like there might be something obstructing it possibly then.
    Can you blow into the slot a few times to see if it clears anything that is in there ?
    Also , make sure you are gently pushing it in far enough to engage , (sometimes past the shell front to work)
    I only tried to blow and suck some air using a Giottos air blaster with no luck

Forum Member
    Renato , we have a few repair centre around the world now , so ones got to be close to you.
    We don't send out parts as experience has shown most people do more damage trying to do it themselves ...hence we don't send out parts anymore.
    Where are you at ?

Forum Member
    Renato , we have a few repair centre around the world now , so ones got to be close to you.
    We don't send out parts as experience has shown most people do more damage trying to do it themselves ...hence we don't send out parts anymore.
    Where are you at ?
    Brazil

Forum Member
    Our US repairs handles repairs from Brazil , has done a few now without any issues.

Start up a ticket support@fatshark.com if you want to get repairs under way , put a link to this thread as well.