FPVLAB

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Traveling with a Drone: Share your experience

Quote Originally Posted by bubuu View Post
    Thank you.

I also read that Thailand is looking to ban 'drones' fitted with cameras. Only businesses that require photography will be allowed.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...-aerial-drones

I usually get a weekly roundup of news, made available by the Center for the Study of the Drone, at Bard College. Anyone can subscribe to get these news, they are very interesting ...

http://dronecenter.bard.edu/

Thanks, I updated the initial post with this info. Keep posting guys.

In the Caribbean: Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, Sint Maarten no problems. General nofly zones applies.
    The Netherlands no problem also, although some officers may ask about the batteries!

Thanks. Updated

Traveling to Santa Cruz, Bolivia in Copa Airlines, no issues through customs on the way out of the US or into Bolivia.
    Only issue in the way out of Santa Cruz was that the Copa Airlines representative told me I couldn't carry any Lipo batteries with me. After I showed them the IATA information found on the first post, they let me board the plane back to the US.

I was carrying four (4) TBS 4500mAh fir my Disco Pro, along with eight (8) Lumenier 1300mAh for my mini-quad.

Other than that, no major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabadoo View Post
    I'm traveling w/ my quad to Iceland next week. Any issues?
    Iceland are the only ones that gutted their bankers and imprisoned them after the financial collapse.
    I would call (from someone else’s phone) and ask about bringing it rather than chancing it but I would wager Iceland would be no problem.
    They seem a bit smarter than most.
    The importation of various types of telephonic and communications equipment is subject to a permit from the Post and Telecom Administration. Equipment requiring such permit includes cordless phones, remote control devices for toys and radio transmitters and receivers not intended for regular broadcasting reception. However, a permit is not required if a traveler imports one GSM mobile phone.

https://www.tollur.is/english/indivi...ng-to-iceland/
    Last edited by 33db; 9th February 2016 at 01:09 PM.
    Locals Only Brah.

immersed from the start AtariJoe's Avatar
    Thanks to Oliver for managing this important info so well, he sounds just like our professional DGR instructor at airline HQ
    Now for a follow-up from the root decision makers - keep your ears open for new limiting reg´s to be announced this spring:
    ICAO addresses risks of transport of Lithium Ion batteries on aircraft

The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) have stated in an invitation letter for an upcoming workshop to address the risks of transport of Lithium Ion Batteries in cargo compartments on aircraft, in particular passenger aircraft, that starting with April 2016 until at least year 2018 there will be limitations on the transport of Lithium Ion Batteries in cargo compartments, in particular on passenger aircraft. The ICAO reasoned:

Following recommendations from the 25th meeting of the Dangerous Goods Panel (DGP/25), Montréal, 19 to 30 October 2015, the ICAO Council has approved amendments to the 2015-2016 edition of the Technical Instructions for lithium ion batteries to be transported at a reduced State of charge (30%), and there will be limits on the number of packages of batteries excepted from full requirements in any one consignment.

These changes will be effective from 1 April 2016. There has been extensive discussion on the risks associated with the carriage of lithium ion batteries as cargo, with particular emphasis on cargo on passenger aircraft. These risks include:

a) the inability of cargo compartment fire protection systems to suppress or extinguish a fire involving significant quantities of lithium batteries;

b) the inability to establish an absolute safe quantity limit for lithium ion batteries because of the number of variables that contribute to the degree of risk posed by different battery or cell chemistries, sizes, design types and quantities being transported;

c) the lack of a mechanism to identify and communicate the specific hazards and safety risks associated with each battery and cell type offered for transport to the operator;

d) the lack of transparency with regard to batteries excepted from full regulation making it impossible or impractical for operators to accurately determine the quantities of batteries carried as cargo; and

e) the absence of a packaging standard to mitigate the risks.

link:
    http://avherald.com/h?article=49460e5c&opt=0
    -LOSers cry wolf when they see SHEEP
    -Why? ...because I can.

According to my gear supply store "GetFPV.com", in the US since 2016, in order to get a LiPo battery on a plane it has to be discharged to a level that kills the battery. So if I travel to a different state, does anyone has any suggestions on how to get my 10-15 flight batteries, 2 GoPro and 2 Fatshark batteries at an affordable cost to my destination? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFox FPV View Post
    According to my gear supply store "GetFPV.com", in the US since 2016, in order to get a LiPo battery on a plane it has to be discharged to a level that kills the battery. So if I travel to a different state, does anyone has any suggestions on how to get my 10-15 flight batteries, 2 GoPro and 2 Fatshark batteries at an affordable cost to my destination? Thanks
    Posting your stuff to a friend is one of the solutions. As you're inland, there should be some couriers that has a non-air postage options. I traveled from Ireland to Lithuania loads of times and of course I couldn't bring all of my batteries and the gear on the plane, so I shipped them in advance via couriers and once I'm back my friends shipped my stuff back
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345