Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PZ0420 Crystal

Navigator

PZ0420 Crystal

Hi guys,
    The crystal on the back of my PZ0420 has fallen off. does anyone know where i can get a replacement? What is the Part# on it?
    Thanks

Co-Pilot
    This is a common problem (I mentioned it and a pre-emptive fix in my review of the Effio-V). It looks like a 32KHz watch/clock crystal (which are as common as dirt and cheap as beans). I'll check when I'm at the workshop tomorrow because I doubt it is 32KHz.. .more likely 3-4MHz because the color-burst and other stuff will be derived from it.

Navigator
    Thanks Bruce.
    It was from your video that i realised the crystal was missing. I did put a comment below it asking the same question. Been wondering for ages why my camera wasn't working. Hadn't even noticed the crystal had gone LOL

Navigator
    I'd be interested as well. My PZ0420 is no longer working following a bad crash. The CCD sensor bond wires appear to be intact, so perhaps the crystal broke due to shock. They are cheap so I ordered a new one anyway, but if I can fix it with a $2 part, why not?

EDIT: According to a user on RCGroups, it is a 28.6363MHz crystal for NTSC or 28.375MHz for PAL
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1752551
    Last edited by Zangetsu57; 4th January 2015 at 10:35 PM.

Navigator
    I just spoke to Security2000 on there chat box. They are sending me a replacement for "free" I say free, but I had to pay $8 shipping, so not really free LOL
    I'm sure if I looked around, I could have got it cheaper, but I was happy to pay, as they have been very good with all my purchases.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by xjet View Post
    This is a common problem (I mentioned it and a pre-emptive fix in my review of the Effio-V). It looks like a 32KHz watch/clock crystal (which are as common as dirt and cheap as beans). I'll check when I'm at the workshop tomorrow because I doubt it is 32KHz.. .more likely 3-4MHz because the color-burst and other stuff will be derived from it.
    How do you determine the frequency? I need a new one for my Fatshark 600tvl CMOS camera, and even Fatshark couldn't tell me which frequency it is.

Navigator
    Hi guys,
    If it helps, I posted on another thread that I have the same problem, and ordered this.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-AT38-q...item5b0aa74a02
    Hopefully it will work, I'll post back as soon as I get them!

Navigator
    Link no longer exists. Item not available.

Navigator
    Apologies for that.
    I found them typing "28.375Mhz crystal oscillator" and eBay shows you packs of 20 for about $6, packs of 50 for about $9 and packs of 100 for about $14.

They look the same as the one found on the camera, so I got a pack of 20 to see if they can actually replace the broken one I have.
    A thing I am not sure of is the polarity: does it matter the way you solder them on or is it like a resistor and no matter the direction they will work?

Navigator
    Cool. Waiting for mine to arrive from Securitycam2000. Wondering the same thing about polarity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast