Thread: FOXTECH EXPLORER 10 INCH DVR MONITOR - WORRYING 'MOMENTARY BLACK SCREENS'

Navigator

FOXTECH EXPLORER 10 INCH DVR MONITOR - WORRYING 'MOMENTARY BLACK SCREENS'

I've been using the Foxtech 10 inch DVR monitor for a while now, and I'm generally happy with its performance, with some minor 'niggles': (a) the DVR resolution isn't very good quality at all - however, serves the basic purpose. (b) most worrying, the monitor frequently goes black screen (especially when flying close quarters) - just for a second or less, but that nil vision time can be very interesting indeed. I wonder if it is something to do with the diversity receiver switching? - has anyone else experienced this? (using a cloverleaf and a cross-hair for antennaes 1 & 2) (both RHCP). Charge level makes no difference.
    On the plus side, easy channel search / selection, nice bright screen for daylight viewing. Just the black screen events off-putting. Maybe a faulty monitor?

Interested to hear any feed back!

Les

Navigator
    Update on above...
    After sending a video to Foxtech, the screen was deemed to have a problem and returned (airmail - ouch!). Foxtech immediately sent a (tested) replacement by DHL and subsidised the return freight with a store credit. Refreshing to see a reputable company stand by their products. Replacement unit performs very well, with no problems with receiver sensitivity - and no sign of any 'black screens'. On this basis, I am happy to recommend the Foxtech Explorer 10 inch monitor / DVR, as it has good brightness, simple to change bands / channels and (now) with good DVR resolution.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by countcrashalot View Post
    Update on above...
    After sending a video to Foxtech, the screen was deemed to have a problem and returned (airmail - ouch!). Foxtech immediately sent a (tested) replacement by DHL and subsidised the return freight with a store credit. Refreshing to see a reputable company stand by their products. Replacement unit performs very well, with no problems with receiver sensitivity - and no sign of any 'black screens'. On this basis, I am happy to recommend the Foxtech Explorer 10 inch monitor / DVR, as it has good brightness, simple to change bands / channels and (now) with good DVR resolution.

Les
    Thanks for your feedback , And glad to see you are happy with our prodcut and service .

@countcrashalot - What vTX are you using with your Explorer? I want to try a Explorer 7", and I have Immersion RC 5.8gHz race band vTX.
    I understand no race band compatibility, but I wonder if the 5.8 frees will work?