Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NexWave 2G4 RX Module

NexWave 2G4 RX Module

I just received my Fat Shark 2.4GHz goggle module. It fits in my Dominator V2 glasses, but not my V1s. It is a little too thick. It plugs in, but I can't put the cover on. I bought two RX units, one for each goggle. Anyone else with this problem, or maybe with a solution?
    Last edited by Shabadoo; 5th March 2015 at 03:32 AM.
    TBS Discovery Pro, NAZA M v2 GPS, TBS 900Kv Motors, TBS Bulletproof 30A ESC, Graupner 9x5 and 10x5, Taranis + EzUHF Jr R/C, EzUHF Diversity Rx, NAZA mini iOSD, Fatshark Dominator V2 w/ 2G4 vRX module, TBS Unify 800mw vTX, IBC 2.4GHz Bluebeam antenna set, TBS69 Pilot Camera, GoPro Hero 3+ Black

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Thought they conformed to the same size specs as all the other rx's
    I dont have one here to check out , you might have to shave a bit off the ridges on the inside of the door to get it to fit .
    I will mention this to Greg and see if he knows what's going on , but he is out of the office ATM so might be a while till i get back to you about it , sorry.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    Thought they conformed to the same size specs as all the other rx's
    I dont have one here to check out , you might have to shave a bit off the ridges on the inside of the door to get it to fit .
    I will mention this to Greg and see if he knows what's going on , but he is out of the office ATM so might be a while till i get back to you about it , sorry.
    The edge of the RX directly above the connector sticks out past the cover. You'd have to cut an oblong hole through the cover to make it fit. I'll see if I can post a photo showing it stick out. It fits perfectly in the V2 though. Photo to follow. I'm surprised I'm the first to notice.
    TBS Discovery Pro, NAZA M v2 GPS, TBS 900Kv Motors, TBS Bulletproof 30A ESC, Graupner 9x5 and 10x5, Taranis + EzUHF Jr R/C, EzUHF Diversity Rx, NAZA mini iOSD, Fatshark Dominator V2 w/ 2G4 vRX module, TBS Unify 800mw vTX, IBC 2.4GHz Bluebeam antenna set, TBS69 Pilot Camera, GoPro Hero 3+ Black

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Yes please to the photo , then I can point Greg to it to see what's going on.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

I put the first RX unit into the V2. Just now I opened and installed the second unit into the V1 for the photo. The cover fits! Must be some variation in manufacturing. All appears well now. The second unit definitely sticks out less than the first unit. I wonder if the fingers on the connector are shorter.

I just have to test the reception next. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Last edited by Shabadoo; 17th December 2014 at 11:51 PM.

Offtopic, but are there some reviews out yet? This was the most anticipated product 2014 and now its out and nobody shares his tests.

Guys, please some reviews as i am waiting for mine to come to europe also.
    For topicstarter, i would sell the V1 and use the V2 !

Instructor Pilot
    Reviews please !!!
    Mine is on their way and I have a rig ready with the IRC 700mwtx for testing

I'll try to test it today.
    Last edited by Shabadoo; 20th December 2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Clarity

I'll test today with Dom's and DomHD's. Stock antenna's and SPW antenna's.