FPVLAB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PnoT's Build Blog - Zephr, Assasin, and the EZ *

I've been trying to come up with a solution to use my DX8 with a LRS + HT to no avail. What i was told about plugging into the trainer port was a little off and I would need to hold down my trainer button the whole time to remap the channels properly. A switch could solve that problem but more importantly I've been reading where the futabas would accept ppm in/out the DX8 doesn't. I talked to 5-6 other individuals who had DX8s that were trying to get them to work properly with DL, TLRS, and HT to no avail. I'm still searching for a solution but in the meantime I couldn't pass this deal up...

$150 and has never been plugged in, charged, or used in any way. Now I have to do some research on charging the batteries as they're about 4 years old he said. If someone has some advice on whether I should try and charge them or buy a new set please let me know.
    "1.3GHz 850mW video transmitter. Warm as hell. Drains power as thirsty camel." -Rastislavko

"At this point DL was an option, sat back and saw more feedback from buyers. Start getting good range results 12-15-17km 20-22-25km? From a $320 system??? Looks good, really good. Price drop to $269, end of story..." -Po73

I'd stick lipos in there if you plan on running an LRS. Build your pown pack, or you can buy the online : http://www.hangtimes.com/txpacks.html
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

I talked to my Dad and he said they would probably work just fine but I'd rather not risk it with so much money in the air.

I'll give that site a look and thanks for the link.
    "1.3GHz 850mW video transmitter. Warm as hell. Drains power as thirsty camel." -Rastislavko

"At this point DL was an option, sat back and saw more feedback from buyers. Start getting good range results 12-15-17km 20-22-25km? From a $320 system??? Looks good, really good. Price drop to $269, end of story..." -Po73

I'm running a homebrew lipo pack in my 9C FWIW. It's nothing rare - quick google search of futaba 9c lipo conversion will get you going :

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=6955
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

The initial site has some 2000mAh nimhs but the zippy is a bit beefier and supa cheap.

I've made some more progress on the Assassin and have cut the rx / esc hole and installed the servos and rods. I still have the horns, mount the rx/esc, and balance to put the battery in. I hope to get the rest of it done tonight if nothing comes up.

My EZ * kit, servo wiring, bullets, OSD, and a few other items have came in as well.

I finished my assassin and here are the results:

I'm a little disappointed in the TowerPro 2408-21 in the fact the motor shaft seems to bend on a dime. I have 6 props and 2 motors for this project and so far 2 props are dead and I'm on the second motor because of the shaft on the first was bent on the bench while testing. The second motor shaft was also bent on the first landing (er crash ) and I had to try and bend it back as best I could.

I might start looking into another motor but this one is about 25% more power than the other recommendations for the Assassin. It's time to reach out and get another alternative.

On another note my PV500 EVO arrived! My TLRS should be here Tuesday and I'm STILL waiting on the DOSD+ !
    Last edited by PnoT; 9th April 2011 at 05:21 PM.

The anyToany converter just showed up from china.

Ive got a Rhino from HK in my FF-9.
    The bottom one on the picture.

I see, I see, what you don't see..

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Ive got a Rhino from HK in my FF-9.
    The bottom one on the picture.
    I picked up a 2650 for my Futaba as well but it's taking a bit to get here.

How long does your battery usually last and do you pull additional power from it for a LRS or goggles?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast