Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinetank MK2-L Build thread

Flying Cinema Dev Team

Cinetank MK2-L Build thread

30A is a rating of the speed controller.. How many Amps it can sustain. Most of these ships cruise around 25A total, which divided by 4 is the average "cruise" amperage per motor and speed controller. While it's unlikely you'll ever be in a position where you're sustaining 120A (30A x 4) it is a nice safety buffer. That said, during aggressive acro the motors won't be balanced in their power demands so one motor may actually request a healthy amount of current, and that could be potentially more than 20A. A 20A esc can burst higher, but to bllama's point, why risk it when the cost of the 30A is almost insignificant? That's a decision you need to make for yourself and your flying style, but with the cost differential it really is a smart idea to go to the 30's in this case.

Hey Guys, wonder if anybody has a Cinetank/ Cinetank L running on AMP 2.6 that can share the settings/ PIDs

Thanks

I run Pixhawk, not sure if the PIDs from that would be helpful or not..
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Navigator
    Hey guys, so I built pretty much exactly the same config as OP: SunnySky 3508 580krpm/v, 1260 CF props, 30A ESCs, MultiStar 4s 5200mAh 10C. I'm using a Pixhawk for the flight controller instead of the Naze. Very nice machine so far, battery lasts forever (haven't timed a hover yet, but it goes for a while) with a ~10A hover.

I tried putting a GoPro on it, and the video is very jello-y, essentially unusable. I did autotune and it gave me P and I values of approximately 0.25 or so. I haven't balanced the propellers, but it seems like that should be my next step, but I thought the jello would be better on the first flew flights.

Can anyone running ArduCopter share their pids?

I'll share mine when I get home.. I've got higher KV motors but the PIDs should be more or less similar. I think my PI values were down around the .2 range.

Balancing props is essential for good footage. Also, where are your vibration dampers placed and which ones are you using?

Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chile Vuela View Post
    I'll share mine when I get home.. I've got higher KV motors but the PIDs should be more or less similar. I think my PI values were down around the .2 range.

Balancing props is essential for good footage. Also, where are your vibration dampers placed and which ones are you using?
    I'm using the red ones that came with the frame, in a mild weather (~20-25C) and placed in the two outer holes in every set of dampener holes (as shown in this thread).

The vibrations to the flight controller are very minimal. I checked the DataFlash logs and the x and y vibrations were between -0.3 and 0.5 or less.

I understand that balancing them is essential for good footage, but I thought I would get at least usable footage without balancing.

Sounds like your PIDs are close to mine, so I don't think that'll make a huge impact, but please post them anyway - did you balance your props? And did you try recording video without having balanced them?

Yes, balanced my props. No, didn't try recording footage without balancing. Logs showing little vibration might not give that much info. If you have the FC mounted on vibration reducing pads, they might filter out the high frequency vibrations caused by the fast spinning props, or maybe the vibrations aren't large enough to register on the FC in the middle of the craft, but get amplified enough out near the front/back to cause jello in the GoPro.

There's a couple things you could check, apart from props:
    1) There are damper holes set near the front and back of the dirty frame. I found a couple dampers there really helped with vibrations.
    2) Check your GoPro mounting method to ensure that it's well mounted and not moving around in flight.

Are you filming with 30fps? 60 fps? It'd be nice to see a sample of the video to help diagnose the problem.

Navigator
    OK, here's some video flying a Hero4 Black (not the final camera that will go in this quad). 1080p 30fps, downscaled to 720p. At the beginning I was trying to keep it as stable as possible in Stabilize. Alt hold was a bit erroneous even though there was very little wind.

My PIDs are probably wrong, but I should probably wait until I balance the props before trying autotune again. The video also shows some adverse yaw that seems to rotate left randomly and without my input. Not sure what to do about that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-22-180132_1920x1080_scrot.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	63569

Your PIDs seem fine to me, so I highly doubt they're causing it. However, your propeller sound seems very off. It should sound smooth and even, like in this video (before the crash, obviously). You can hear something vibrating rapidly there, and the only culprit that will vibrate like that are the propellers.

What brand propellers are you using? Are they plastic? Carbon fiber?

Navigator
    Yeah, I agree, I didn't like the sound from the beginning. Just ordered a balancer on ebay and it should be here in a couple of days. I'm using 1260 GemFan Carbon Fiber props.