Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Lumenier Danaus Mini Quad with built in prop protection

Navigator
    Ok I bit too... After looking online for some prop savers I found this quad and thought it was pretty cool. Since HK is lame and a lot of there stuff in on backorder I canceled my order there (oh by the way they want to credit you in points than credit your credit card so I'm fighting that in paypal) and spent more money to pickup this quad. I hope it is pretty sturdy for the price. I am curious if anyone has flown this thing and crashed it pretty hard and how was the outcome? Did you have to replace the frame or any parts to the frame? I'm hoping not considering I didn't find any replacement parts online but reading on here it sounds like there will be in the future which I am happy about. The site I ordered this quad through did not have the naze32 in stock and I know I have a KK2.1.5 in transit to my place and I'm curious if mounting it would be the same as the Naze32? I plan on picking up a Naze32 but I figured I would play with it for awhile with the KK2.1.5 at first. What is the spacing in between the top piece and the bottom piece I want to setup mine with a head tracker pan / tilt camera and I'm hoping I can somehow fit it all in between there but I can't find any dimensions. Thanks!
    Last edited by decepts; 18th December 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Navigator
    If you got the little KK2 then that'll bolt on just like a CC3d or a Naze. If you got the regular big one then just double stick tape it down. I bashed the prototype on purpose 'til it broke, it was repeated crashes onto concrete that did it in. It flew fine for quite a while with a couple of cracks repaired with gaffer's tape, but more than that it lost rigidity and was unflyable.

Navigator
    Awesome. Yeah bashing it on concrete I can understand causing issues. I'm planning on getting into racing 250 quads and so I figured this frame would be a good start for in between trees, brush etc. without having to replace a lot of blades. At least with this setup I can then learn more of where the blades are. You should look into creating some kind of mount to mount the FatShark Pan/Tilt Camera so that is can be cradled as much as possible inside the frame housing it but allow you to still use the pan / tilt function. I plan on using this camera setup in the mean time for I think being able to pan and tilt makes it easier to judge depth from my experience.

Navigator
    I wouldn't bother with pan/tilt, just mount the camera pointing up a little bit and that'll get you moving. For the first few weeks after I built the prototype I never tapped anything, I just started shooting for gaps that I didn't dare try before. That's where this thing really helps. I didn't really bash it too much 'til I decided it was time to test its durability.

Navigator
    Hey do you have any pictures of your quad of how you laid out your components? Is this basically the QAV250 setup / layout for components?

Navigator
    It's the same pdb, so the esc's go in the same place. Everything else is up to you, but yes, it's basically the same as the QAV250. Both plates have all the same mounting holes to build either way up.

Navigator
    Did you see any advantage by building it with the motors facing down? Except not having to use aluminium landing poles.
    Last edited by Burnincoco; 19th December 2014 at 02:28 PM.

Navigator
    Nope, looked cool, saved a couple of grams by losing the landing gear, that was about it. Flight times the same.

Navigator
    Yeah, it looked cool. I might do it just to have something that looks different.

Navigator
    But if I'm still learning FPV flying I might land upside down and harm the PDB. Maybe I'll just put the landing gear on top. It'll look weirder.