Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: The new Lumenier Danaus Mini Quad with built in prop protection

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me what the space is between the top and bottom plate? Im trying to find out if the TBS PowerCube will fit.

Thnx!

Has anyone thought about double stacking two of these for a 8X craft. I'm seriously thinking about doing it. Maybe doing what JoeBob did with his for the big batteries X 2. Anyone think this would work culd set it up for a forward and rear camera plus a gopro.

Just joined the Danaus club this week. Looking forward to using this for light indoor flying and possibly light autonomous outdoor flying. Going to be looking for flight time efficiency over rip and tear racing performance in my build. A lot has changed since the frame was introduced. For those that were wanting smaller versions, there is now the FlexRC Owls that come in 3" an smaller frames and the Tiny Woop variants. I have two of the 118mm Owls and was looking for a 5" frame. Man, this thing is HUGE compared to the 3" Owl frame...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OwlVsDanaus.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	74349

Cheers!
    LitterBug

So, a quick question on this frame -- I see that a lot of motors say that the screws will be too long with a frame plate of less than 3mm. How are people dealing with this?

I really want to build one of these, I plan to do some 3D flying (with the Nerdcam3D) through the woods, and this frame would be ideal for it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by raketemensch View Post
    So, a quick question on this frame -- I see that a lot of motors say that the screws will be too long with a frame plate of less than 3mm. How are people dealing with this?

I really want to build one of these, I plan to do some 3D flying (with the Nerdcam3D) through the woods, and this frame would be ideal for it, I think.
    I used 2mm motor spacers from an old plastic frame that was busted up. The other options are use shorter screws, washers, or cut the bolts down.

Got mine out for it's maiden over the weekend. Had a littel fun in the process.

Horizon Indoor 12-17-2016
    Lumenier (Shen Drones) Danaus
    Seriously Pro Racing F3 FC
    BetaFlight 3.0.1 STOCK PIDs
    LemonRX LM0037 Diversity RX
    DYS XM20A ESCs
    SunnySky X2204S 2300KV V2 motors
    Strix 5x4x4 Lemon Props
    Tattu 4S 1550mah 75C battery

Cheers!
    LitterBug

I really like this frame. Not the best for high speed flying with all that surface area and reduced durability, but for slower proximity it definitely has a niche.

This is a hobby - until you're willing to take the time to read and learn, no amount of money you throw at it will lead to success.

Hi, I need help getting my Mini CC3D "Atom" Flight Controller syn to my Tarranis plus...also it would be very helpful if you could provide me with wiring diagram. I was able to configured in Librepilot. but can not seem to get it syn to controller, although my D4R ii receiver showed that its binded and I can see that its binded. but still can not get it respond.

thanks