Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Lumenier Danaus Mini Quad with built in prop protection

Nice flying Andy!

What sort of flight times are typical when decked out with a typical IRC 5.8 GHz VTx and FPV setup?

I get 6 minutes with a 1300 3s, no different than a QAV250, and I'm pretty conservative with the batteries.

That looks really nice. I guess you can use this to practice and practice again, until you get real good. The guards should give you a good space awareness of where your props are. You can then later step up to a QAV250 without guards. I like it...

Quote Originally Posted by FunFlyFPV View Post
    That looks really nice. I guess you can use this to practice and practice again, until you get real good. The guards should give you a good space awareness of where your props are. You can then later step up to a QAV250 without guards. I like it...
    Yes, that's the idea. You try things you normally would not due to the prop guards. I had some spectacular crashes... Picked it up and kept flying.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by andyshen View Post
    Hey guys I'm the designer of this puppy. Here's a short video of me doing stupid stuff with it.
    Is that how the frame is supposed to be setup, with the distribution board on the top? It looks like a QAV250 with guards, but upside down.
    Last edited by Al B; 14th December 2014 at 01:08 PM.

The cool thing about it is you can build it either way, right side up with landing gear or upside down for belly landing. I wanted to see if it would be smoother/more efficient upside down so that's how I built it. Tim built his right side up. Holes for the fc, antennas, battery straps, etc., are on both plates.

Can we get some pictures of it fully flight ready? Like what you guys fly.

I would buy 2 of these if they were a 150mm-180mm size range and was made to mount 1306 size range motors.

Can you see a pico camera and 50mw 1.3vtx with a little uhf and afro mini or nanowii...

...what are the chances of taking this frame concept down a notch in size? Indoor micro fpv racer class anyone? Chair leg basher? Hallway and stairwell bouncer?

(it's cold here... I have titanium parts... cold makes me ache... blah-blah-blah)
    dirty side down.....o~^o

Here's mine. Monarchette? Intriguing.