Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Lumenier Danaus Mini Quad with built in prop protection

Navigator
    Very nice! I haven't built mine but I was already thinking about ordering an APM because of it's excellent auto tune, but now I think I'll give the Naze23 a try.
    Thank you so much for sharing your Danaus journey. Keep them videos coming!

Navigator
    I Think the answer is to rotate the quad and fly it sideways along its long axis , rotate FC by 90 degrees and rotate motor layout by 90 degrees this would stop the pitching problem and introduce a increased rolling rate thus making cornering quicker as to go around a corner fast you want full roll and a little bit of yaw and a little bit of pitch to keep level. If you look at a car the wheelbase ratio is very close to 1.618 (The Golden Ration Google it its everywhere) so if the width is 135mm like the Danaus the length should be about 218mm the ratio of the Danaus is about 0.75 as designered or 1.333 if rotated.
    A Kiwi Living in Scotland
    If your not hitting something your not trying hard enough....

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiHaggis View Post
    I Think the answer is to rotate the quad and fly it sideways along its long axis , rotate FC by 90 degrees and rotate motor layout by 90 degrees this would stop the pitching problem and introduce a increased rolling rate thus making cornering quicker as to go around a corner fast you want full roll and a little bit of yaw and a little bit of pitch to keep level. If you look at a car the wheelbase ratio is very close to 1.618 (The Golden Ration Google it its everywhere) so if the width is 135mm like the Danaus the length should be about 218mm the ratio of the Danaus is about 0.75 as designered or 1.333 if rotated.
    Thank you for your insight- the truth is, I was flying it on a bad FC- now that I have a solid naze with properly working sensors and a good tune it no longer does the wobble thing. It performs exactly like I would expect with the occasional luft in wind. I really, really, like it.
    dirty side down.....o~^o

more Danaus mayhem... because it is that fun:
    dirty side down.....o~^o

Navigator
    Sweet videos!

Nice video. Looks like fun. What kind of flight times are you getting?

I zeroed out my I and D rate stabilization settings and set up TXPID on my DX8's Aux 3 knob to adjust roll+pitch. I tried playing with settings indoors, but I really need to get it outside to do any real tuning. It is very interesting to be able to make changes so quickly where you can really see the immediate effect.

I received my bluetooth module today. However, I'm still waiting on my JST SH cable from www.rc-connectors.com before I can hook it up. I'm really looking forward to that, as it will allow for MUCH easier tuning out in the field with my Android phone. The TXPID method is nice, but you still need a laptop or tablet with you if you want to do a lot of tuning.

I also bought a Nano QX FPV for indoor practice and it is such a fun little quad. I've gotten significantly better in just a few days of practice around the house.
    Last edited by adamky1; 20th January 2015 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andyshen View Post
    Sweet videos!
    Just hit record and upload- add a little music to make the prop whine less irritating. Thanks- this thing lends to video- it is always unexpected to see such mayhem and hang ups in brush- fall to the ground, and fly off. The first time I did it I giggled like a school girl.

Quote Originally Posted by adamky1 View Post
    Nice video. Looks like fun. What kind of flight times are you getting?

To quote Jagger and the boys- ..."it's a blast, blast, blast."
    Flight times on average once I get rollin- like bats 3 through 6 I get about 5 minutes. The first bat- shown here- which is my warmup, is precisely as shown in the video. I actually pushed it to the end and puffed this lipo a little as you can see because the Danaus was barely able to get any air on that last twist through my legs. Later on, I was doing that yaw spin through my legs and sometimes bouncing... at a solid clip! This thing is light as a feather when it hits- I never go at speed into the shins though -just the calf muscles.
    Nanotech 1.5 35-70C 3S lipos are what I use. Brand new balanced batteries of this size and rating should provide about 7 to 8 minutes very sedate flying and about 5 to 6 minutes if you are peaking them out and burning amps.
    dirty side down.....o~^o

Navigator

Selling My Danaus

I decided that I am going to stick with my MXP230 frame therefore I am selling my Danaus Frame. Complete with all original parts and screws will also include and will also include an extra carbon bottom frame plate. This was only flown 3 times. If you are interested send me a PM.

Navigator
    Completed my build a few days ago and I am having a blast! New to multi-rotors so I'm poking around in the dark for flight skills and never sure whether it is tuning or piloting that is lacking most - but having fun nonetheless! This thing is nearly indestructible- I have crashed it into everything, dropped it out of the sky and you just power back up and keep going! A few props have been smashed and some scratches but otherwise all is functional.

I would be interested in having a look at PID settings anyone has for the CC3D. My settings are pretty tame at the moment due to my lack of flying finesse but I'm keen to accelerate the learning curve if anyone has suggestions.

Navigator
    I do love the way it sucks it self to flat objects if you get within 6-8 inches really funny still makes me giggle every time it sticks to a wall or roof it is hilarious.Tried Tri props and 5040 props today they are different is many ways good and bad.
    A Kiwi Living in Scotland
    If your not hitting something your not trying hard enough....