Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "CleanFlight" Flight Controller Software, Information Thread

N3EVV
    Yea, I didn't have much luck with PIDC 1 & 2. Would like to re-visit them later.
    So far I like PIDC 3 & 5. PIDC 3 flies just like MW2.3 on my aerobatic Warp Quads.
    PIDC 5 I am liking for FPV flying, seems smoother and more stable.
    Minion220
    MN1806-2300kv
    GF5030
    TPA 0.15
    PIDC 5
    looptime 1600
    Pitch 3.2-.048-28
    Roll 3.0-.038-22
    Yaw 7.0-.045-30
    Level 8.8-.041-50
    Last edited by waltr1; 16th March 2015 at 09:49 PM.

Navigator
    Aha. Maybe theres the problem
    Thanks schugabe.
    I'm new to all this Cleanflight Naze stuff. Been using CC3D since the beginning.
    Would PIDC 5 be the one to go for? My flying style is, WOT, fly it like you stole it.
    Last edited by FPV LEE; 16th March 2015 at 05:04 PM.

N3EVV
    Try PIDC 3 and 5. Set these on different Profiles so you can easily switch between them.
    FinalGlide I believe is now running PIDC 5 and has posted some insane FPV flying on RCGroups.

Since you are new to CF do download the Docs from github. They are pretty good and getting better so check for doc updates.

I fly with the pid controller 1 and I really like it. This controller is easier to tune imho and I also have the feeling that the quad tracks corners much better with this controller.
    The pid values are higher than on pid_controller 0 most of the time I ended up with values in the region of P=7, I =0.045, D=23 for roll/pitch and for yaw P=14, I=0.045, D=23.

Last weekend I tried the pid_controller 5 but I did not notice any big difference to other controllers. At least not enough difference to retune everything again.

Navigator
    Help, Help and more help will be needed. I know I probably jumped in over my head but I love a good challenge regardless. Being a Disabled NamVet, I have just gotten into Quads and bought a Phantom 2, FPV and all the bells and whistles. With that said, I have now bought a Striker 250 Mini FPV Quad and am currently in the process of putting it all together. I have the FatShark goggles, ESC's, motors and I think everything else I should need. but the one thing I do not know how to do is to set up the CC3D flight control board once I get everything put together. So what I need is someone to help me with that flight control board and what I need to download to my tower computer so that I can get the board programmed. I believe in the KISS theory. But for this endeavor I have to change the KISS theory just a little, Keep It Simple, because I'm Stupid when it comes to programming the flight control board. My computer experience goes back to the old MS-DOS systems, but never learned to program. Now I wish I had.
    I will help with this project in any way I can or am capable of. So if someone would not mind MENTORING this old man, it would be greatfully and sincerely appreciated from the heart. I do not only need help with the board, but with the build as well.
    Last edited by AgentOrange2012; 25th March 2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: correct meaning

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange2012 View Post
    Help, Help and more help will be needed. I know I probably jumped in over my head but I love a good challenge regardless. Being a Disabled NamVet, I have just gotten into Quads and bought a Phantom 2, FPV and all the bells and whistles. With that said, I have now bought a Striker 250 Mini FPV Quad and am currently in the process of putting it all together. I have the FatShark goggles, ESC's, motors and I think everything else I should need. but the one thing I do not know how to do is to set up the CC3D flight control board once I get everything put together. So what I need is someone to help me with that flight control board and what I need to download to my tower computer so that I can get the board programmed. I believe in the KISS theory. But for this endeavor I have to change the KISS theory just a little, Keep It Simple, because I'm Stupid when it comes to programming the flight control board. My computer experience goes back to the old MS-DOS systems, but never learned to program. Now I wish I had.
    I will help with this project in any way I can or am capable of. So if someone would not mind MENTORING this old man, it would be greatfully and sincerely appreciated from the heart. I do not only need help with the board, but with the build as well.
    Nobody is stupid when it comes to things they've never attempted! While your board, the CC3D, is recently capable of running the Cleanflight firmware, it's something that can be challenging even for regulars to successfully complete and then tune. You might be better off starting with a simpler board and focus on one discipline at a time. Something like the KK-Mini is a great starter board.

But by all means if you want to stick with the CC3D you can. You may want to run its native software, OpenPilot CopterControl, which it should have out of the box. One less thing to get you stuck on the bench!
    Last edited by viper522; 25th March 2015 at 06:47 PM.

Navigator
    I wouldnt say you have to change your KISS theory, you need to apply it here more than ever. Start simple and work your way up. Start googling builds similar to yours look at photos, what people have done successfully and where they have failed. Research is 90 % of this hobby for the first portion, youll start seeing your learning curve get VERY steep. Your in the cleanflight section here so if your running cleanflight youve started in the right spot. Do you have any friends who are also doing this, lean on them to help research and develop what you want and how you want to fly. Most of all, welcome home fellow veteran. Justin Schoenberg SW2 USNMCB 40 1996-2001

Navigator

Question Graphic Orientation in CF

Hi All,
    New to CF and Naze FC.
    This is probably a really elemental question and I've gone through all 29 pages of this thread but can't find anything about it.

I bought 2 Naze32 based FC's. One a full with Baro and Mag the other a Mullet Acro.
    I've flashed both with the same FW but the full controller animation/graphic thingy always appears in the wrong orientation compared to the Acro.
    With the Acro the green direction arrow on the graphic matches the orientation of the arrow on the FC, however with the full FC it's in the opposite direction.
    As far as I can see, all movements are correct it's just the orientation that's incorrect.
    I've been powering up the FC with the arrow facing my monitor in both cases.
    Is this because of the mag? Does the FC arrow facing North always give an arrow on the graphic that points away (into) the monitor? I presume as long as the direction of movements are correct it does not matter but thought I might ask to be safe?
    I hope I've explained myself properly.
    Cheers
    D
    Last edited by maddog7; 26th March 2015 at 08:56 AM.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog7 View Post
    Hi All,
    New to CF and Naze FC.
    This is probably a really elemental question and I've gone through all 29 pages of this thread but can't find anything about it.

I bought 2 Naze32 based FC's. One a full with Baro and Mag the other a Mullet Acro.
    I've flashed both with the same FW but the full controller animation/graphic thingy always appears in the wrong orientation compared to the Acro.
    With the Acro the green direction arrow on the graphic matches the orientation of the arrow on the FC, however with the full FC it's in the opposite direction.
    As far as I can see, all movements are correct it's just the orientation that's incorrect.
    I've been powering up the FC with the arrow facing my monitor in both cases.
    Is this because of the mag? Does the FC arrow facing North always give an arrow on the graphic that points away (into) the monitor? I presume as long as the direction of movements are correct it does not matter but thought I might ask to be safe?
    I hope I've explained myself properly.
    Cheers
    D
    For the full board re-orientation, you'll need these commands in the CLI tab - look up the usage to make sure you set the values correctly.
    set align_gyro = ?
    set align_acc = ?
    set align_mag = ?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog7 View Post
    I'm not sure why the behavior is different, but have you pressed the "Z-axis" button on the screen where you are watching the moving animation in the Chrome Configurator application?

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast