SurveilZone.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3g mini 600tvl 120degree camera just $19.99

Yes my vtx gas 5v out but I wanted to stick to 1s power supply as it's claimed 5v runs it a little to warm...or is this not so?
    Anyhow I was advised to create a ground loop and it seems to work fine. Your input helped as well so thanks

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Djob View Post
    Yes my vtx gas 5v out but I wanted to stick to 1s power supply as it's claimed 5v runs it a little to warm...or is this not so?
    Anyhow I was advised to create a ground loop and it seems to work fine. Your input helped as well so thanks
    Glad you got it working. I was worried this camera would be to wide and hard for me to fly with, but outside i haven't had many problems. I did break one of the lobs on my clover leaf and thought the camera was going wacky, but after figuring it out and resoldering the antenna it's working good again. the dynamic range is much better than the rmrc pico camera i was using or i should say this camera doesn't have a tendency to make the green stuff black when there's too much sky in the frame.

don't judge quality by this, it was recorded using a LHCP antenna on fatsharks and RHCP on my hermit, i didn't know. I think my vtx antenna was only partially connected too, U.Fl connector. did i mention i used an ezcap connected to my laptop? Anyway, i ordered another one for my rx122 atom when it gets here.

Do you run yours off 5v?
    Last edited by Djob; 25th June 2015 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Does anybody at all run this cam off 5v

Navigator
    Any place to get compatible ~2.8mm lens?

Navigator

Oh ya...

I'm planning on swapping out a Spektrum VA1100 camera with this one. Does anyone know if they have fixed the 170 Deg vs 120 Deg lens? Has anyone received one lately? Can you tell the difference? Also Bang Good seems to be selling the same camera but with the 170 deg lens for $10.

http://tinyurl.com/q7gffvj

Navigator
    They are not the same camera, but most likely manufactured by the same people under a very similar design.

I am still unclear how people are properly modulating the FOV with these?

Both the cameras mentioned are 1.8mm lens, yet the field of view is 170 VS 120 ?

How does someone understand the effects of a lens with a different focal point to make a camera have the effect we want for FPV?

Navigator
    I looked around the net, so far I found all 1.8mm cctv lense are wide angle. FOV ranges from 150 deg -170 mm.

Too wide an fov on such a small lense distorts the view along the edges (fisheye). When you pivot the scene these areas tend to move faster than the center and it personally makes me sea sick. It also makes it difficult to judge the true distance of objects coming up along side the view.

Hopefully one day someone develops a dual camera setup for true stereoscopic fov. For example, either two cameras fed into one TX board. Wherein the two images are combined via software at the TX or two tx/rx separate systems fed into one goggle. One tx/rx per eye. This will do away with having to rely on a single camera with with a wide angle lens made for stationary cctv purpose.
    Last edited by Silverexpress; 17th October 2015 at 08:14 AM.

Navigator
    I am getting a excess of fisheye and apparent greater distance to objects with the 170 bangood unit.

Is is there a suggested lens that would appear closer to the super had 2.8 lens?

And the $1M question, where are other lenses available? I think they are 7mm lenses, but would need to check again to be certain.

I agree the 170 degree is awful. So i just use the 120 off my fatshark va1100.. fits perfectly