Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Precision Agricultural Weed Maintenance

Forum Member
    Once the agricultural market gets moving with the tech, I think they'll start pushing to have the regulations changed. Especially if they can't compete with other countries that allow GPS automated flights. I've been doing my best to get the big-ag producers here in Chile interested in the technology, but to be honest, I don't have to do much - most of the ones I've talked to are already very interested in it.
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Forum Member

Forum Member
    Glad I found this thread. I don't see anything replacing the conventional air tractors and such any time soon. It would just be too risky for the size that would be requried. On the other hand, small areas that need treatment drones would be great. I first started this hobby because I was spraying areas that were barely accessable by foot, let alone machine. Many times I came across an area that was 100 yards away with a patch of weeds that needed treated. Unfortunately there was always slough that would make me have to walk an hour around it to spray a 2m patch and then back. It sucked. So I bought a gas rc heli in hopes to eliminate the walking- wishfull thinking. Took more than I thought to fly lol. Now with the multis, I am entertainng the idea again if I get enough work for it again. But as it sits, my high clearance sprayer makes more money.

Forum Member
    still it would be good for spot spraying or hard to access places.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4