www.immersionrc.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diversity bi-directional / transceiver functionality?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    I would beg to differ on the 'not hard to implement', as it is not just the implementation part, it is the verification, bugfixing, support across multiple OSs, etc. etc. That's a whole new can of worms.
    lol - ImmersionRCTools only runs on Windows. It's a completely closed circuit - you control the tx and the rx, and have little to no obligation to maintain API backward-compatibility or stick to immutable data types or whatever. Bugfixing comes with the territory, and given the speed with which 16-channel support was added I doubt there's much in the way of a formalised QA process or a CI environment (Jenkins probably doesn't support embedded hardware just yet

I'm not understating the work required, I just think the challenges are well-defined, and your attempt to dissuade us based on technical mumbo-jamgo used in terms is, frankly, deeply insulting.

Don't try out-technical a technical person, please, it's just embarrassing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypony View Post
    Then why did you even advertise it and make hand-wavy date promises?
    Because when we designed it we thought it was a cool feature to have, in hindsight we never had need for it, nor had the 10s of thousands of people who bought a EzUHF system, so we never bothered to implement it.

The FC landscape is completely different now. The older APM really wasn't on the same level as the Pixhawk, but since the release of the Pixhawk and other advanced flight controllers (Eagletree Vector, Brain FPV) where waypoints and unmanned missions are the norm and not the exception...well, the times they are a-changing. It's unsurprising this was not a feature in-demand over the past few years, and it should be unsurprising that it's in-demand now.
    Honestly, I don't support the waypoint and unmanned missions concept though, certainly not considering most people have just figured out what end of their soldering iron to hold. These people's craft will be accidents waiting to happen. Just like most folks that buy Phantoms, they think they can fly anywhere at any time and whenever they feel like. Now give these same people the option to set waypoints or do unmanned missions, I wouldn't want to be the one facilitating that really. Ohhh the horror!
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

Don't try out-technical a technical person, please, it's just embarrassing for you.
    Ah yes, the stereotypical armchair criticaster, who always knows best and has a firm handle on everything, you sir are absolutely correct, I'm utterly embarrassed, I almost peed on myself, how could I not acknowledge your technical genius ...
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

LMAO!!!!!!!

Honestly, I don't support the waypoint and unmanned missions concept
    Especially with something as Buggy as a Pixhawk.

Navigator
    So again all us smarter people pay for the stuff the dumb $$$$$ do.. they need to give licences out.. if you cant fly manual mode no licence for you.. that right there will give us our hobby the respect back it deserves! We all know anyone buying a phantom will never be able to fly it in manual mode.... does anyone know if phantoms come with naza's manual mode accessable? I know on my naza v2's i had to do end point adjustments to get it on my dx9's toggle switch..

Navigator
    And the bi-directional communication on ez-uhf would be nice especially for telemetry. And im sure if it was there we would all find some use for it.. lol.. a logging feature in the ez-uhf rx would definitly be awsome too so all of us with range issues could see whats going on when our crafts hit failsafe...

And yes, i do love immersionrc's products.. ive bought pretty much everything and ive heen real happy with it all too.. now for my range limitation, i cant wait to figure that out. . Lol

Navigator
    I must say I'm missing this option. Especially for telemetry. Did not miss before but now when I've used taranis and frsky receivers with telemetry it's very nice feature to have. Even tho I'm lazy and I don't have battery monitor I'm still getting rssi to taranis. And yeah... No one LOOKS rssi from radio while flying but good thing taranis can speak. At the moment when I'm flying with frsky receivers I'm getting rssi alarms from my radio. I don't have to keep eye on osd (which I don't even have on models I fly with frsky)

So telemetry from ezuhf receivers back to radio would be really nice feature. You never know when you miss that rssi on the corner of your osd for few secs and loss it. If there were telemetry to radio it would shout "RSSI LOW" and it's very hard to miss. Just saying..

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JaredHatesHorses.png 
Views:	244 
Size:	370.8 KB 
ID:	59149

ma owesome photobob skillzzz :P

Sorry couldn't resists..