Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemini with Spektrum DSMx Satellite SETUP

Gemini with Spektrum DSMx Satellite SETUP

After all the questions on the Gemini forum about Spektrum setup, I put this together to help.

This is what worked for me using a DX9 and DSMx sat.

Peabody124 / Trappy, Please let me know if you are cool with me putting this up. I will remove ASAP if asked.

This will most likely be obsolete when the official TBS manual is released.
    For now, I hope it helps the Spektrum users.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uujkgnklk4...0DSMx.pdf?dl=0
    Discovery Pro on the 6s Juice - Aerial Mob - 400kv - Core Pro - Naza V2 - EzUHF Diversity - Lawmate 2.4 VTx - DX9 - TBS Ground Station - Yagi

Has anyone found this helpful? Is it working for you?

Almost 100 folks have looked at the file, with no feedback??
    Discovery Pro on the 6s Juice - Aerial Mob - 400kv - Core Pro - Naza V2 - EzUHF Diversity - Lawmate 2.4 VTx - DX9 - TBS Ground Station - Yagi

Can count to potato.
    Didn't work for my friend, we tried binding with DSM2/DSMX in both 11 and 22ms and none of it worked.

Tried a whole different spektrum tx/satellite and still no good, tested on two Geminis and same result

The tx and sat are all bound. It lights up and the Orange light on the satellite goes off when Tx is switched off.

When we do the calibration setup wizard it just doesn't pickup any of the inputs and we can't progress pass the throttle assignment step.

We successfully got it working with PPM and SBUS though.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Didn't work for my friend, we tried binding with DSM2/DSMX in both 11 and 22ms and none of it worked.

Tried a whole different spektrum tx/satellite and still no good, tested on two Geminis and same result

The tx and sat are all bound. It lights up and the Orange light on the satellite goes off when Tx is switched off.

When we do the calibration setup wizard it just doesn't pickup any of the inputs and we can't progress pass the throttle assignment step.

If you moved the voltage to 3.3volts and followed all the other steps it should work. Did you forget step 6? I changed each channel input before starting the wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post

I had the same problem with my DX6i. What i found out worked. None of my switches except the timer would register, and my rudder wasnt working when the tx was being calibrated. So for some reason i flicked on the throttle hold switch and then went back through the throttle, rudder, aileron, etc calibrations and they all worked. So try that?! Turn on the TH Hold and then retry calibrating them. Also, i havent noticed any problems with the TH Hold being on when calibrating and then flying and i have had a couple of flights now. Seems to be working fine.

Hey Yowzilla. Followed your exact steps and worked perfect for me. Wasnt initally getting the orange light on the satellite then I relised my TX was still off. Only problem i encounted was the one i described above. Otherwise, works perfectly.

Sorry but this guide does not work at all!! the receiver binds fine and yes its in the correct voltage port but the software won't see the tx output!! it also won't allow me to set the Channels to DSM Main or select a channel number and the auto configuration does not see anything from stick inputs. Looks like the only way to get Spektrum to work is via standard wired leads, trouble with that is you can't fit a full range receiver in the shell. I am already disappointed with the gemini and this just tops it off. I have pushed it to the corner (out of sight out of mind) and will fly my Naze 32 equipped mini which works fine using a Spektrum Satellite!!! until someone does a proper video of how to get this working.

Quote Originally Posted by pmikey666 View Post
    Sorry but this guide does not work at all!! the receiver binds fine and yes its in the correct voltage port but the software won't see the tx output!! it also won't allow me to set the Channels to DSM Main or select a channel number and the auto configuration does not see anything from stick inputs. Looks like the only way to get Spektrum to work is via standard wired leads, trouble with that is you can't fit a full range receiver in the shell. I am already disappointed with the gemini and this just tops it off. I have pushed it to the corner (out of sight out of mind) and will fly my Naze 32 equipped mini which works fine using a Spektrum Satellite!!! until someone does a proper video of how to get this working.
    Does TauLabs recognise the board? Is your battery and the mini usb cable both plugged in? Is your spektrum TX on? run me through what youve done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Airbus View Post
    Does TauLabs recognise the board? Is your battery and the mini usb cable both plugged in? Is your spektrum TX on? run me through what youve done.
    Taulabs recognises the Board ok battery and usb connected i get as far as step 6 where Taulabs will not allow changing the Type to DSM Main!! you select it and then reverts back to blank non of the sliders move when moving the sticks on the tx i tried the wizard where again it will not see the tx inputs. i have tried this using a satellite from a AR8000 and also a the Orange DSMX800 same results with both you get the solid bind light but the board sees no input from the tx. as soon as i tried standard Sbus it worked but i can't get a standard Rx to fit as i have the upgraded PNP and GPS which use the space behind the camera. if i where a betting man i would say either the signal track on the board is faulty or its just not compatible when using the upgraded components. On another note whilst trying to setup the rx i kept seeing the warning "manualControlMode is in warning state" and i can't for the life of me find out what this means.

Quote Originally Posted by pmikey666 View Post
    Taulabs recognises the Board ok battery and usb connected i get as far as step 6 where Taulabs will not allow changing the Type to DSM Main!! you select it and then reverts back to blank non of the sliders move when moving the sticks on the tx i tried the wizard where again it will not see the tx inputs. i have tried this using a satellite from a AR8000 and also a the Orange DSMX800 same results with both you get the solid bind light but the board sees no input from the tx. as soon as i tried standard Sbus it worked but i can't get a standard Rx to fit as i have the upgraded PNP and GPS which use the space behind the camera. if i where a betting man i would say either the signal track on the board is faulty or its just not compatible when using the upgraded components. On another note whilst trying to setup the rx i kept seeing the warning "manualControlMode is in warning state" and i can't for the life of me find out what this means.
    What did you select for UART 2? What TX are you using?
    Have a look at this, https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/w...ectrum-Binding

As far as im aware the AR8000 should use the DSMX (11 bit) setting - make sure your bind rate or whatever is right too. If thats wrong that might explain why its not recognising the outputs from your TX.

Other then that, it worked perfectly for me and i was using a Spektrum DX6i.

Only other thing, try deleting and re-downloading taulabs and doing a fresh install. Not sure why it keeps switching the DSM (main) back.

Also, FYI. When configuring the controller wizard, i found that for the rudder it would only recognise the output when the throttle hold switch was on. So ply around with your switches and see if it will then recognise the outputs.