VideoAerialSystems

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Turnstile UHF RX antenna tutorial

thanks Alex

God bless you for help out old man

I'm trying to figure out how long the element are in millimetres. I'm from Sweden and I can't figure out how to translate the numbers. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by mickeshobby View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how long the element are in millimetres. I'm from Sweden and I can't figure out how to translate the numbers. Please help
    I think I did figure it out now correct me if I'm wrong ;-) each element has a leg of 6.75" and 5.85" so in centimeters that is 17.145 cm and 14.859 cm?

Dreamt of this as a child
    Alex,

Will the Turnstile design work with a U.FL connector on the coax feeder? I want to use a Turnstile with the SubMicroLRS receiver.

Thanks,

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Balance as far as this tutorial is concerned is non-existent. Honestly, it makes a pretty significant difference to have a balanced feed with this antenna, but very few people will ever venture out far enough to notice it.

As for the units I make professionally, they are balanced a multitude of different ways. Some have ferrites on the cables, others simply use the proper length of cable to keep it from resonating.

-Alex
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for sharing this great antenna design! Can you please advise, what is the optimal feed cable length? Or perhaps several lengths: a shorter, a medium and a longer one?

Regards